Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem not leaving house!

N/A

Modem not leaving house!

I've just got a brand new adsl modem, and it doesn't
seem to actually go to the BT exchange.
I've also asked BT if the line is working for adsl, and they say it is working fine. if you have a dial tone on your Phone. Plus two Red lights are flashing on my modem, which are; Rdy and Lnk.

What should I doHuh?Huh
3 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Modem not leaving house!

> I've just got a brand new adsl modem, and it doesn't
> seem to actually go to the BT exchange.
> I've also asked BT if the line is working for adsl, and they say it is working fine. if you have a dial tone on your Phone. Plus two Red lights are flashing on my modem, which are; Rdy and Lnk.
>
> What should I doHuh??

What type of modem do you have? Is it one of the green USB Alcatel "frogs"? Has ADSL ever worked on your line?

If I were you I would try and do one (or preferably both of the following:
- If you know someone else with a working ADSL connection, get them to try your modem on their line. If it doesn't work, chances are the problem is with the modem, if it does, that suggest a fault on your line.
- to double check you could borrow another ADSL modem that you know works and try it on your line.

Hope you sort the problem (probably also worth raising a Contact Us ticket with PlusNet also).

Cheers,

Chris

N/A

(I'm assuming that you have never had ADSL before - apologies if this is not the case!!) . Some suggestions.

1. Contact Plusnet and get a ticket.

In the meantime ....

2. If both lights are flashing I THINK (ie I'm not sure - hence contact plusnet) that this means that you are are not getting 'synch'. This might be because BT need to tweak the line (ask P'net to get BT to do this or do it yourself on 0800 800 151). I have found BT to be exceptionally helpful/courteous so you should have no probs.

Are you using an extension cable to connect to your modem ? - if so, move the PC to the main BT socket and connect up. At first, don't plug any phones in , just the modem. See if you get an ADSL connection. If you can , then gradually start to add 1 phone then 2 etc.

3. Good luck!

N/A

> I've just got a brand new adsl modem, and it doesn't
> seem to actually go to the BT exchange.
> I've also asked BT if the line is working for adsl, and they say it is working fine. if you have a dial tone on your Phone. Plus two Red lights are flashing on my modem, which are; Rdy and Lnk.
>
> What should I doHuh??

Do you have one of the usb modems that plus net send out? If so I think I know what is wrong as I had the same problem when I got mine today.