cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem hang?

N/A

Modem hang?

:twisted:
A new problem has arrisen. When I first click on to Internet explorer my modem hangs and it is only when I go into "local Area Connection" and do a repair can I connect. Any ideas please?
Peter
2 REPLIES
N/A

Modem hang?

Hello Pete,

I'm making the assumption that your using Windows, and that your trying to make a connection to the internet. Your modem is hanging because you have the wrong connection type? you want a dailup connection to the internet and NOT a local area network.

**You need to delete the old DUN (dialup network connection) in windows and create a fresh one. Windows now comes with a handy connection wizard that should step you bit by bit through the process but you do need to know which settings are required to form a working connection.

**You need to make certain that your modem hardware is correctly installed in windows. You can check this by looking in device manager. If installed correclty it will show the device as working and enabled, if not you should see a yellow question mark against the device in the device manager tree.

Ivan
N/A

Modem hang?

Cheesy
Thank you for your help, as I am not a wizard on computers a freind read your advice and reinstalled the modem with its own software and discovered that the IP Addresses had somehow been changed, how I he coudn't work out. but correct input enabled the modem to work correctly and its working now better than ever. Thanks again
Peter