cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem driver update problem

N/A

I've got a Connextant/AccessRunner PCI modem with XP Pro which until yesterday has been working fine. However, I decided it was time to update the modem drivers. I uninstalled the existing driver(s), installed the new ones, and initially all seemed ok- I got the icon on the taskbar which, when double-clicked, brought up the status dialog stating that the ADSL connection was established.

However, I can't actually connect to the internet. That is, I enter my PlusNet username and password, some bytes get sent (according to the AccessRunner status dialog), but nothing gets received and the connection times out after a few retries.

I wondered if it might be an incorrect ADSL setting, despite the connection apparently establishing ok. But in the AccessRunner control window, I only get the 'General' tab, not the tab(s) which allows settings to be altered. I've definitely altered settings before.

I uninstalled the new drivers, reinstalled the old ones, but no change. I even went back to the drivers on the modem installation disk, but still no sign of the AccessRunner control settings tab.

No doubt I'm doing something stupid; any suggestions gratefully received.

Cheers,
John (from work!)
6 REPLIES
N/A

Hi,

Have you double checked your adding the realm to the username?

eg. jjsra@plusdsl.net or jjsra@plus.net
N/A

Mark- thanks for the quick reply! Yes, I am using jjsra@plusdsl.net. And presumably my password hasn't been changed otherwise I wouldn't be able to login to this site.

However, initially I was using the wrong address- jjsra@plus.net, although the result was the same as I am getting now.

John
N/A

Hi,

Are you able to login on:
username: bt_test@startup_domain
password: test ?
N/A

My stepson at home reports that this morning the ADSL link isn't even getting going- the icon on the taskbar has the red cross through it, which would imply that the modem settings might need changing (although they seemed ok yesterday). But until the AccessRunner control settings tab reappears, I'm stuck. :?
N/A

Have found how to get into AccessRunner control window settings - Alt-P (obviously Smiley ), but with help from my other setpson at home we haven't yet been able to re-establish the ADSL connection.

I need to have a look myself when I get home tonight.
N/A

Problem solved- as mentioned previously, I had tried reinstalling the original driver to fix things, but actually I don't think it is XP compatible (although there's no obvious indication of this). Once I got home and reinstalled the updated driver, and adjusted the settings, normal service was resumed Smiley

Thanks for your help.

John