cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modem LED Stopped Blinking - When Will Account Be Active??

N/A

Hi Guys

Following my recent palava regarding getting my line activated, I've noticed today that the both LEDs on my modem now stay on as opposed to blinking constantly.

Having read read the order status page, it states that if ADSL connection hardware appears to be working before Plusnet confirm the account is active, then this is a normal stage in the activation process. Connection to ADSL however, won't be possible until Plusnet confirm that the account is in fact active.

So my question is:
How long does it take for Plusnet to make the account active once the ADSL led on the modem stops blinking?

Chears guys.
--
Regards
Ripperoo
8 REPLIES
N/A

If memory serves, an hour or two after you try to connect for the first time your account is automatically activated (assuming you've filled in your username, password, etc. correctly in the modem configuration).

Alternatively, give them a call on 0845 1400200 or raise a link:contact us ticket and they can probably activate it then and there.
N/A

Thanks for that eurotrain4

Well I did connect momemtarily earlier (at 2.2mbps), but disconected to see if it would connect again Ok, but it didn't.

I did try connecting again using the test login details:

Username: bt_testATstartup_domain
Password: test

&

Username: bt_test_userATplusdsl.net

Password: test

Both worked, but obviously wouldn't let me connect to any outside websites.

So I have possibly been using incorrect login details.

I have bee using:
U/N: ripperooATplusdsl.net
P/W: ******** (My Plusnet Password)

But yet I cannot connect. Sad

Opened a new ticket and just waiting to hear back.

Any ideas?
N/A

You seem to be using the correct logon details, but the Plus net side of your account may not be fully active.

If the wait times are not too bad, I would suggest phoning them for this issue as opposed to waiting for a ticket to be actioned. I reckon it would be much quicker.

Try to ring (0845 1400200), explain the situation and I am sure they will get you up and running, short of a seperate issue that is.

Good luck.
Community Veteran

According to "the message" wait times are about 15 mins at the moment.

@riperoo, are you getting a BT page when you use your PN details? BT are apparently having some problems atm I was dissconnected an have just got back on myself.
N/A

Thanks no7oliver

No I wasn't getting the BT page, but even tho' my ADSL was seemingly connecting at 2.2Mbps, I couldn't open any web pages. Sad Bummer!

Opened a ticket, but the average response time was apparently over 10 hours. I'm too impatient for that! Wink

Anyway, I phoned CS and those 15 minute waits? Well you can double em'!

Approx 27 minutes later I spoke to a CS agent and he explained that he could activate my account. But if any faults were discovered, I couldn't have anything sorted until after the official activation date (04/10) and that I'd have to start paying from today regardless.

Anyway approx 10 minutes later 2.2Mbps and able to open webpages OK. Smiley

Downloaded ZoneAlarm (8.9MB) in about 40 seconds (228KB/Sec) Smiley

Do those speeds seem Ok? Wink

If they are, I don't suppose I'll not get those sort of speeds all the time. Sad

Anyway, thanks for you help guys, mucho appreciado!
--
Regards
Ripperoo
Community Veteran

228k seems pretty damn good to me! I've found that since the upgrade to 2mbsome downloads don't max out the conmnection but are plenty fast still!
N/A

Glad you're up and running. Your speeds look good.

Enjoy. Smiley
N/A

Enjoy. Smiley

I am! Wink

It's great for simple things like not having to wait like 30 seconds for "My Ebay" page to load. Wink

Just gotta learn to type faster now to make the most of it!
--
Regards
Ripperoo