cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mirgration

N/A

Mirgration

I have been with Plusnet for about 10 years. I signed up for broadband as it was free to existing customers with an annual contract. I paid a £20 start up fee. I have been very disappointed with the service ie it takes me at least a couple of tries to get connected and does not seem that fast. I am thinking of changing and asked for my MAC key. The answer I received was that it would cost me £72! Plusnet state that when I signed up I agreed that it was free but if I left within 5 years there would be a charge. There no such term written in the agreement that I read. I would not have signed up for a 5 year contract! Can anyone help me with this?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Mirgration

Cheesy Hi m8, when i signed up a year ago i wasnt told any terms and conditions at all and didnt sign a contract either. I think there terms and condituions is a bag a ***** to be honest, they chanrged me £67 to cancell my account, im still waiting to migrate though, just waiting on my new bankcard comeing through. I also think they change there terms and conditions as they please, ive been through hell and back with these people, also they steal money out of your account without permission. If the 5 year thing is true, then you shouldent be paying a penny, if your migrateing shut your direct debit down and dont give them ****, regards Cheesy Cheesy .
N/A

Mirgration

When did you first sign up for broadband with PlusNet ? If it was June 2004 (as per your forum profile) then I do not think the "You Stay We Pay Offer" would have been in the terms and conditions you signed up for. It did not exist at this time.

A search on ADSL Guide shows that this offer was introduced in May 2005:-

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2219

Later this offer was extended to those moving house allowing the activation fee to be deferred over a period of five years (reducing by 20% per year). Have you moved house in the last year or so?

Do you have a breakdown for the £72 fee? Even if you did "sign up" to this offer then this amount appears to be too high for a deferred activation fee.
N/A

Mirgration

I joined on EasyStart, which charged more for the first year, with a 12 month contract, to cover connection and modem.

So if I leave I don't expect to be asked for any more money, although I'm willing to send the 'free' modem back. It took so long to receive that I'd bought my own and was online with that before I got the PlusNet one (shades of things to come?).