cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration today - Confused?!

N/A

Hi,

At last I got an email from PN today saying "Your ADSL Active" i.e. my migration from Pipex to PN has been done.

However, my router's still connected / configured (USerID etc.) for Pipex and still "connects" and I get 'online', view webpages, check email... still all through Pipex. Goto my router and configure it for PN, i.e. UserID etc. etc. and conections fail.

No email, no web, no IP.. nothing.

So I go back to the Pipex config... and here I am happily surfing..!

Has BT forgot to do something perhaps??

I have tickets open for this... 12131935 & 12126941

I saw somewhere about test IDs? Would these be helpful?

Regards

Glen

PS - Also posted this on ADSLguide.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

There have been a number of false or early activation emails going out from PN so I suspect yours is one of them. Hopefully this will be reported on one of your tickets.

What was your confirmed migration date. If it was not today then it is a false email and you have to wait for your official date.

Don't add a comment to your tickets as they will just make it go the the end of the queue - wait for a reply from PN before adding any further comments.

There is no need to post on multiple forums, and this is the official forum for PN related issues / comments.
N/A

My confirmed date was today. Which is now even more confusing....
Community Veteran

In which case, either BT said it was migrated but forget to do it or they have not done it yet but PN still sent out the email.

You will have to wait for an answer on your ticket I think.
N/A

PN have also charged me not their fault I guess as it probably is a BT issue. I'm sure I can get the charging sorted.

Glen
Community Veteran

PN use an automated system. Once they think you are activated it initiates the first monthy fee payment.

Once this is sorted PN will normally just move the start of your billing date forward enough days to cover your loss of service, rather than issue a refund then request payment again when you are actually activated.