cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration charges although outside contract

N/A

Ridiculous Plusnet!

I'm outside of the 12 months contract now, it was a monthly contract with a deferred migration charge of £14.99 should I have left before 12 months, but I hav enow escaped that.

They are now sayin:

As your account will still be open when you migrate, the monthly payment will be taken. Once you have migrated away, raise a new Question on your account asking for a refund of whatever is applicable.

Be advised that your request for a MAC key serves as 30-days notice for closure of your account, and as you requested this MAC key on 28/06, your notice period will end on 28/07 which will be the last date you will be required to make payment for.

SO I AM PAYING STILL TO MIGRATE AWAY, I ASKED THEM SEVERAL TIMES HOW DO I GIVE YOU 30 DAYS NOTICE AND THEY PROVIDED ME WIT OFF-TOPIC REPLIES. SO NOW THEY WANT ME TO PAY FOR A MONTH WHEN I WILL BE WITH A NEW PROVIDER.
MY NEXT BILLING DATE IS THE SAME DATE AS MY MIGRATION, WHY SHOULD I BE PAYING FOR AN ENTIRE MONTHS SERVICE WHEN I WONT BE USING THEM? WHEN MY LINE WILL HAVE BEEN MIGRATED AND AT £21.99 FOR THAT MONTH

IS THIS ALLOWED?

thanks in advance!!
2 REPLIES
N/A

just got some advice, cant believe its so simple,

i'll migrate out nearer to my final billing date to minimise overlap, having second thoughts about new ISP though. But u cant really judge the service till you've tried it, coz all ISPs have bad reviews online :?
Community Veteran

Incase the migration fails, it means you still have access to the internet, you can quite easily claim a refund back as it says by raising a question.

It is pretty standard practise and i believe most ISPs do it as especially for monthly contracts. Also as you had a monthly contract you didn't have to wait 12 months before moving.