Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Status?

mherbert
Grafter

Migration Status?

Hello,
Could someone please check the status of my migration to Plusnet? The order checker doesn't appear to show an activation date and, worryingly, for the last 6 days is just showing:

Checking your details - Your order is awaiting submission.

Thanks.
14 REPLIES
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Migration Status?

Apologies for this, the auto submission of the order has failed and this has been raised for investigation. In the meantime I have submitted your order manually and this should be progressing for you, apologies for the hassle.
James
Grafter

Migration Status?

Hi there,

We're not entirely sure why, but your order appeared to have frozen. However, thanks to the joys of manual intervention, it should now complete on Thursday.

Please accept my apologies for the delays experienced so far.
mherbert
Grafter

Migration Status?

Matt, James

Thanks for chasing that up and manually submitting the order. It would be interesting to find out why the automated procedure failed.
Community Veteran

Migration Status?

...the joys of manual intervention...

James, didn't your Mother tell you, "You'll go blind".

[\spam]
James
Grafter

Migration Status?

That happened a very long time ago Smiley
Community Veteran

Migration Status?

Yikes. :shock:
Foot in mouth!
My apologies to you m8. Shockedops:

[Note to self - engage brain before trying a little comedy intervention in future]
mherbert
Grafter

Migration Status?

I'm a little confused:

Question topic: Your question | ID: 22432182
This ADSL account is migrating from another ISP and requires a CSC operative to use the following details

1. MAC code : SNIP
2. Current BT product :
3. Requested migration date :
4. Current ISP : SNIP

Additional information:
The Asset has already been ceased (our ref: SNIP)

This is an ISP Migration Regrade account i.e the customer has requested the account to be regraded to the fastest speed the line can handle after the migration is complete.

This account is created inline with the customer's existing BT Product:

Since this is a migration-regrade account, the charge for this regrade is £14.99.

I am already on ADSL MAX with an excellent connection; 8128 sync with 7150 profile and *very* stable for the last 12 months.

I simply don't understand the ticket, particularly

The Asset has already been ceased

I haven't cancelled my account with my current ISP, just simply requested and used a MAC code.

Since this is a migration-regrade account, the charge for this regrade is £14.99.

Why there is a charge for migrating from ISP to ISP on the same product (ADSL MAX)?

Do BT think my line cannot handle ADSL MAX, even though it clearly does?

I did have issues with ADSL MAX for a day or two ~12 months ago (back in June 2006, see my recent post over the ADSLGuide / Thinkbroadband forums) but these were resolved very quickly.

I hope that this matter can be resolved quickly and please understand that I really do wish to to use PlusNET as my ISP. It's just that my first impressions (delayed activation and this ticket: 22432182) been a little disconcerting.
mherbert
Grafter

Migration Status?

Update, for anyone in a a similar position.

Plusnet support got back to me at ~2pm today.

Unfortunately we cannot migrate your service to us as your current ISP provider has ceased their service with you.

I've contacted Nildram, my current ISP.

Nildram's provisions department has no record of them submitting a cease on my ADSL. I have however asked them to contact BT directly to confirm that there is no cease order.

I know that Plusnet and Nildram are doing their best to assist, and I thank them for that, however migrating has been a nightmare so far.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Migration Status?

Hmm weirdness

Looks like there is already an order in place, and the ticket you have seen is because it tried to place another order afterwards.
Ah-ha, I see, the first order was placed manually be one of my colleagues, but he neglected to update the status, our XML tool then tried to place the order and got the rejection.

Everything still appears correct and it should complete tomorrow.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
mherbert
Grafter

Migration Status?

Thanks Chris.

I just hope that me chasing this up with Nildram and asking them to remove the 'cease of service', hasn't thrown a spanner in the works.

I look forward to connecting with PlusNet tomorrow.

Thanks again.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Migration Status?

I've moved the ticket to myself so I can make sure it goes through for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Migration Status?

Voila!

Order completed and you should be connecting up with your PlusNet details.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
mherbert
Grafter

Migration Status?

Cheesy

Chris, thanks for all your assistance, it really is appreciated.

Can you also thank everyone in support that helped and guided me through the migration issues over the last few days.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Migration Status?

I'll pass on your comments, good to know it's working now Cheesy
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team