cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Failing - Invalid MAC

N/A

I've recently left AOL and trying to migrate to the plusnet PAYG broadband service. My first MAC key came back as invalid so I got AOL to generate me a new one which promptly failed, but this may be because I was told the last digit was a zero and perhaps it should by the letter O.

I hope it doesn't come back as invalid again but if it does could this have anything to do with AOL saying my account with them is now closed. Have I made the mistake of cancelling my AOL account rather than just telling them I'm moving to another provider, if so why have they still given me a MAC code if it can't be used.

Is there any reason if, I still keep getting invalid MACs, that I can't simply start as a new customer rather than a migration.

All help would be appreciated as I'm becoming extremely fed up with the whole thing and I've been without internet for nearly 2 weeks now.
2 REPLIES
James
Grafter

Last 5 characters should be letter-letter-number-number-letter.

Maybe they have an automated mac gen tool, and it didn't actually generate a key via eCo? Always best to copy and paste something like a MAC code though.
N/A

I was given the code over the phone, maybe the girl in the call centre read it out incorrectly. Anyway I've re-submitted this code with which I hope is now correct and await to see if it's successful. How long does it normally take until I found out if this one is successful, given that a resubmitted the new one at around 11:00 this morning.