cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from VCISP

N/A

Migrating from VCISP

I'm one of the people migrating from VCISP who supply me with ADSL (ultimately through PlusNet!) However the latest status message on the migration says that BT have informed PlusNet that there's a problem with supplying ADSL, although I currently have ADSL and I'm not even really changing supplier. Apparently other people from VCISP have now been transferred over (without interruption as promised) and I'm a little concerned about what's happening with my "new" connection... (I've posted a couple of queries on customer support, the second a little earlier today, after the first hadn't been answered, and it's now coming up to 48 hours.)
4 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Migrating from VCISP

>I'm a little concerned about what's happening >with my "new" connection...

I'm migrating from Breathepro so am in a similar situation to you, and got the same error message, a quick call to tech support, and they are going to force my migration though. They assured me that since I am in the process of migrating I won't loose my connection. Might be worth giving them a call too on 0845 1400200 and selecting option 3.
Regards
Steve.
N/A

Well I took your advice, called customer services, and it turns out that for some reason they've put me through as a new order. It seems that the dialogue boxes that ask for your current ISP and ask for the username with that current ISP, and the requirement for a CBUK number, etc, aren't enough to get the order correctly provisioned!

So looks like I will lose service till at least Tuesday, "when the provisioning department are in".

So much for promises of no lost service...
N/A

> So much for promises of no lost service...

My comiserations, I found that too, even though all my details were entered! My order needed to be forced through, but least since I called before the weekend, I didn't loose service.

Still this migration thing i meant to be a new option, so I guess they are still ironing out the bugs. Look on the bright side, when you are connected it will be cheaper than VCISP and with more web space!

Regards
Steve.

N/A

I was told I had not chosen to migrate during my signup, I think it's a serious bug in there system as I to am migrating from breathepro. Could of saved themselves a lot of hastle if that had worked.