cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Plusnet

N/A

Migrating from Plusnet

After years good service from Plusnet, I have got frustrated by huge amounts of spam and slow connection speeds. Before Christmas I decided to move to Talk Talk (yes, I know......!).
TT lost my first order and I am having endless hassle with the second. Essentially TT say that there is a marker (or tag) on the line which prevevents migration. Plusnet say that the MAC code that they have provided will remove the tag when TT use it for migration.
TT insist that the tag must be removed first - I will then be without broadband for one - two weeks until the new connection is set up.
BT wholesale tell me that ISPs often play games with each other (and the customer suffers). The problem seems to be partly to do with LLU MAC codes. They even said that some ISPs even make up MAC codes to prevent smooth migration.
Qu: who is correct TT or PN (and / or BT)?
Does anybody know what is going on and, if so, how can I minimise the disruption to my connection?
1 REPLY
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Migrating from Plusnet

Hi there,

I've just had a look into your account and I can see we have supplied the MAC. This information would have come directly from the wholesale suppliers so should be accurate.

As it is an LLU MAC some ISP's have difficulty using these even though they are standard across the industry now. If you advise TalkTalk to process it as an LLU migration they should be able to use it (if the MAC is still within the 30 days from when we issued it)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team