cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating From Freeserve

N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

Hi There

Can anyone confirm that they've been succesfull in migrating from Freeserve?

Its just that i've submitted my migration request, but i seem to be getting conflicting views as to whether or not Freeserve will accept the migration. Rang Freeserve who said they DO now support migration, however posts on Forums suggest otherwise.

Cheers

[Moderators note (by Thomas): Post moved to more relevant forum.]
17 REPLIES
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

I did hear that one person was sucesful to a different ISP, however, that was soem time ago.

Only time will tell for you I am afraid.
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

Nobody likes to loose custom, so I expect there would be some "heel dragging" in the case of Freeserve. They are not particularly quick at doing anything anyway.
glyndev
Grafter

Migrating From Freeserve

How long have you been with Freeserve ?

A friend who works for Freeserve customer support told me that one reason is that you could be tied into a 12 month contract. And therefore they will not consider a migration request until this period has expired.
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

Been with them now for almost 2 years, so i know that is not the issue.

However i have heard today that Freeserve got a bit of a slap on the knuckles from OFTEL (now OFCOM) for being anti-competitive by not accepting migrations out, given that you can obtain the same service with extra services elsewhere at a lower price. My precise reason for wanting to move to Plusnet. As far as i've been told this has resulted in Freeserve now being more proactive in accepting migrations. So we'll wait and see..................
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

I'll let you know in 10 days because I chose the 26th of Jan as the date for my migration from Freeserve to be completed Smiley
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

Nope, despite having a month now to respond Plusnet have not had anything back from Freeserve in order that they can process the migration. Time to go a shouting at them methinks.. :x
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

Not been a monthy yet for myself, but its still been more than the two weeks that Freeserve has to respond.

So guess i'll have to do the same..........ring freeserve and give them an earful!
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

Its been 6 weeks for me now, with a second adsl account i own and freeserve have STILL not sorted it out. Applied twice for migration to plus.net, and both times the request timed out due to freeserve not responding.

Eventually cancelled freeserve coz they were still charging me, and now theyre refusing to put in the cancellation with BT even though the account no longer exists. I can confirm this because BT have heard absolutely nothing about a cancellation even 2 weeks after freeserve account was cancelled.

Basically... they suck..
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

well according to Freeserve they've now authorised my migration request so should be on Plusnet by the end of Feb Cheesy
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

After the cancellation check your bank balance (or stop the Direct Debit)

When I left Freeserve they carried on taking money for three months before I noticed and rang them and they had the cheek to say I had not cancelled my account.

As they had cancelled the Anytime login so that I had to use a 'pay as you go' dial up number then they had obviously not stopped the DD after cancelling the account but would not admit to it.

Eventually they repaid the overpayment but only after I had to write to their head office requesting the return of my own money - (and they would not accept an email - bit much for the biggest ISP in the country - according to their adverts!)

Funny how its always the customer who is out of pocket when a mistake occurs!.
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

Yep, already planned on manually cancelling the Worldpay agreement once Plusnet get me up and running. Hey guys, any chance of replying to the ticket that was raised last week asking you to confirm you had received Freeserve's migration authorisation?
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

PlusNet do not activly monitor this forum.

Besides that, they would only get around to reading this message in a similar fasion they will get around to reading your ticket
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

I'm beginning to wish I never applied to migrate, its been a catalogue of problems since I first requested it.. Requested to migrate just after Christmas and Freeserve apparently didnt receive the original request from BT's migrations department. Got Plusnet to resubmit it on about the 28th of January (would have done it sooner except I wasnt informed by either Freeserve or Plusnet what was going on at this point). Freeserve say they authorised BT's second request on the 30th of January so contacted Plusnet on the 31st to confirm this and was advised (4 days later!) that for it to go ahead that Freeserve need to reply to BT's request which they had already apparently done. Obviously Plusnet cant have checked this with BT otherwise they should have noticed this fact. Contacted Freeserve again today and was kept on hold to their migrations department for 20 minutes and when I finally got through was told its Plusnet's responsibility to chase it up as FS had authorised the request a week ago (why they couldnt have told me this before putting me on hold for 20 mins I have no idea).. Contacted Plusnet (again!) and was advised they couldnt just call BT to give me a straight yes or no, that they had to email someone else who would contact BT to chase it up. The current response time for replying to tickets being 10 hours...

I have to say I'm not really impressed with the shambles that this has become. Freeserve I didnt really expect much from but I'd expected better from Plusnet.. Sad
N/A

Migrating From Freeserve

I eventually (after speaking to 6 different support people) found out that my account by freeserve was never cancelled.

Despite arguing with them repeatedly all they did was cancel my worldpay payment contract and stick the actual account on hold, thus never putting the line for cancellation with BT.

Freeserve will try every dirty trick under the sun to prevent you leaving, even if it means they gain nothing from it, meaning this has been dragging on for weeks now.

An interesting game to play whilst your on the phone to them is to try and get them to pass you to a supervisor or manager. No matter what, i bet you they will refuse to with the lamest of all excuses.

Following is my conversation with freeserve support:

Me: "Please can i speak to a manager"
Support: "Errm... no sorry there all in a meeting"
Me: "What every single manager and supervisor in the building?... so whos in charge now then?"
Support: "Um... they leave us in charge"
Me: "Well i demand to speak to a manager or someone in authority"
Support: "Sorry no one is available"
Me: "Well i need my account checking, has it been cancelled, im fed up, what is going on, has the cancellation been submitted to BT?"
Support: "Let me just go check with my supervisor."
Me: "You just said they were all in a meeting."
Support: "Oh yeah, um, they just came out."

A likely story? Second guy even told me that he couldnt transfer me because he would get sacked! I guess management are too important in freeserves world, that or they whip their support starf to strike fear into the hearts of them.