cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrated To Another ISP

N/A

Migrated To Another ISP

Hello.

On Monday of this week, i decided i was sick with PlusNet & wanted to move ISP, i found Pipex, & i was happy with what it had to offer, i got onto PlusNet about wanting a MAC code, which i got the same day, so i signed up to move from PlusNet to Pipex (Migrate).

This was Monday & i was told i'd go live with Pipex 5-7 days from now, i know it's not been even 5 days yet but i was just wondering, how will i know my Pipex connection is live? I havn't yet been given any information through my registered E-Mail address about when i'm live & what my username/pass is, i did give a username/pass which is the same as my PlusNet one, so cause of that how do i know i'm not connecting to my PlusNet account & not my Pipex seeing as i have the same User/Pass for both?

But would it be different? cause my login name for PlusNet is @plusdsl.net & would the Pipex one be @Pipex.co.uk? or something?

I'm a bit confused until IF i recieve an email from Pipex themselfs telling me this.

Any ideas?

Thanks Smiley
6 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Migrated To Another ISP

When the change has been made you should find that you can no longer log in with your Plusnet username and you will then need to alter your modem / router settting to call the new ISP.
N/A

Migrated To Another ISP

so when i change Plusnet auto-cancels my account?
cfroggett
Grafter

Migrated To Another ISP

correct - the MAC allows plusnet and pipex (in this instance) to hand off between each other. you may find that you do not have internet for a short period.

Depending on the new setup with pipex you will probably need to find the "login" settings on your current router (look for userid = {yourplusnetid}@plusdsl.net or something similar) and change this to your new settings supplied by pipex.
Community Veteran

Migrated To Another ISP

so when i change Plusnet auto-cancels my account?

In theory yes but just to be certain its as well to also advise Plusnet that you have been migrated.
There have been a few cases where BT havn't told them and people have been billed again by the auto billing system Sad
N/A

Migrated To Another ISP

Hello,

My wife and I were also trying to move to Pipex after being completely dissatisfies with the service (or lack of) Plusnet offer <anyone listening from Plusnet? Smiley>
Plusnet supplied a mac code to give to Pipex for migration, but Pipex said they couldn't use it and we would need to have a complete ADSL cease on the line by Plusnet before the could start. Did this happen to you too?

To be honest after all the messing about Pipex customer services have done regarding us moving to them I am not at all convinced they would be any better! (By the way Plusnet that is not a compliment).

Ian
shellsong
Grafter

Migrated To Another ISP

Hmm! I can't help wondering whether Pipex is a wise move, if http://www.dslzoneuk.net/isp_ratings.php is anything to go by their rating is not up to PlusNet's shining example! :roll: