cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Micro Filter Problem

N/A

Micro Filter Problem

I'm getting a problem with the micro filters. With one connected, my ADSL works fine, but my phone seems to be experiencing some sort of feedback - i can hear the tv, say, through the speaker on the phone when i lift the receiver. The dial tone is very distorted and reuses to dial out. If i plug the phone direct into the wall socket works fine.

Any ideas anyone.

Cheers, Steve.
1 REPLY
N/A

RE: Micro Filter Problem

Steve

Not quite the same as your problem, but I initially had a problem where my phone and ADSL worked but the phone connection was quiet to the point of uselessness - neither side could hear each other. I obviously had a dodgy filter because when I tried another it worked fine. Have you tried another filter?

Also - with both filters I get an audible high pitched whine in the room. I have my phone and filter installed between my PC and my hifi and speakers and this whine is audible even when everything is switched off. I havent isolated this definitely yet (its difficult to locate precisely because it sounds a bit like when your ears ring and is not very loud, just loud enough to annoy), so Im not sure, but its not audible on the phone or through the speakers when they are on - it sounds like some kind of interference though.

Good luck

David

> I'm getting a problem with the micro filters. With one connected, my ADSL works fine, but my phone seems to be experiencing some sort of feedback - i can hear the tv, say, through the speaker on the phone when i lift the receiver. The dial tone is very distorted and reuses to dial out. If i plug the phone direct into the wall socket works fine.
>
> Any ideas anyone.
>
> Cheers, Steve.