cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Measuring account activity

N/A

I am considering moving to an account with a capped usage but have no idea how much data I download / upload in an average week. I saw mention somewhere of software which could measure this. Can anyone point me to a website where I could download such software ?
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

If you are already on ADSL, there is no need to download anything. Just click connection settings -> view my usage and you can see how much you have used so far and get a history by clicking the link at the bottom of that page (although the history does not always work properly yet)
hevey
Grafter

I've heard of this kind of thing, but I'm not sure you actually need it. Have you seen the "My usage" utility at https://portal.plus.net/view_my_broadband_usage/

This tells you what you're consuming on a rolling monthly basis. Importantly, it's what PlusNet have recorded you using, so I guess this is what they must use to drive their billing - never mind what any 3rd party byte counter thinks? Check out www.zdnet.com if you really want one - should be one there somewhere, but be careful some of these cool freebies can contain spyware. Aslo, with the PlusNet thing you can take screenshots of their data which might be handy should you need to argue the toss over a bill?

For me it's a no brainer. It says I've used < 1/2 gig this month which is a fairly typical one. It's 2 meg speed with the basic 2G cap for me at £3 less than I pay for 512k unlimited that I don't fully use? I should say so. I'd need to burn over 3 (or 4?) gig every month to be out of pocket and I'd have all that speed.