cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maybe be a problem?

N/A

Maybe be a problem?

Right i connected to the internet and i opend up the adsl control status thing. I was not on any websites at not downloading any thing. The upload and download on the status thing was going up and down. Is sumert wrong or does adsl do this.
8 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Maybe be a problem?

Huh? :roll:

What is the 'control status thing'? What ADSL equipment are you talking about?

Are you saying there is activity on your ADSL line but your are not surfing?

What background processes do you have running?

Are you running any p2p software (which will use your ADSL connection when you are not)?

Have you done a full virus scan, trojan scan, spyware scan etc with up to date definitions?

Do you have an email client running that could be collecting email?
N/A

Maybe be a problem?

Right i have a usb modem. The dsl logo in the bottom right click on on that. Thats the adsl status.

Yeah there is sum activity even when i am not doing owt. I installed sum p2p software yesturday which i just removed So no trach of that any more. No idea what it is
N/A

Maybe be a problem?

Just found out sumert. My norton firewall picked up sumert.

It says

virus: none
digitally signed: no
trusted company: yes kontiki inc

So i blocked them
N/A

Maybe be a problem?

I may be wrong here, but I think kontiki is a bandwidth provider. I seem to remember they provided a little client for a games company a while back which allowed you to easily download demos, etc. I think it was GameSpot (may be wrong again). Do you have this client open at all?
N/A

Maybe be a problem?

I no i have gamespot dlx secure delivery on my desktop but i am not sure its open. I
N/A

Maybe be a problem?

If you press Ctrl + Alt + Del, and switch to the processes tab. Is it showing there? (I'm pretty sure it should only be there if there's an icon for it in the sys tray, but still).
N/A

Maybe be a problem?

I blocked it via norton. The i got rid of the icon at the bottom right. My bandwith seems 2 have gone back 2 normal.
N/A

Maybe be a problem?

Well if the program was open (icon in the bottom right) then that's normal. It was just contacting it's servers (possibly checking for updates, etc.). It's only if you have ABSOLUTLEY no programs open then it could be slightly suspicious.