cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximum charge when going over quota on bandwidth.

N/A

I’ve just upgraded to a 1MB connection, with a 4GB a month usage. As I understand for every 1GB I go over I’ld be charged £2 more.

Can someone confirm what the maximum I would be charged on this account? For sake of argument say I used 20GB in one month. Looking at the pricing options I’m 6 steps away from Premium, 5,6..9, Premium. Am I correct in thinking I would only be charged £12 extra on this account if I downloaded the 20GB, or do you keep charging £2 for every GB.

Thanks
9 REPLIES
Community Veteran

There was a figure bandied around a few weeks ago that the absolute maximum charge would be £99 :x
I'm not sure if that's still the case as I did hear that it had been reduced to £49. :?

Not sure how you come up with the £12-00.
If you used 20 Gig on a 4 Gig limit then you will be over by 16 Gig or £32
N/A

From what I've read, the max you'll ever get charged is £49, but if you regurarly reach that every month, then you'd be better off on premier!
N/A

According to this FAQ...

If you're an existing Broadband Home customer and you signed up before Thursday 26th August 2004...there's a maximum cost for bandwidth depending on the speed of your package:

512k > £24.99 a month
1Mb > £34.99 a month
2Mb > £44.99 a month

Note that changing speed / included bandwidth AFTER 26th August would mean that you do not qualify for that. For all other customers it simply says "there is no maximum spend for bandwidth" - although I was sure there was a £99 figure set?
Community Veteran

The £49 figure is only if you used the amount quoted where it stated that.. If you go over that figure you will still pay more so the £49 is not the max you would pay.

Plusnet consider any products that have been activated or upgraded since Aug 26th to not have a spending limit.

There is supposed to be a change to this area (was due on 8th Oct - what happened to it?) which was to allow you to set your own spend limit but so far this has not appeared.
N/A

can i change my bandwidth settings even when my broadband hasn't been activated yet? i don't want the adsl tracker to restart: it's already slow as it is now ><
Community Veteran

Yes, just raise a contact us ticket requesting what limit you want when your connection is activated. What you can't do at thios stage is change your ADSL speed, but bandwidth within a speeed is changeable.
N/A

cheers mate
N/A

If you think about it, the cost of the premium service doesn't really relate to the charging rate / limit for the pay as you use service. After all, if you buy a pay as you go phone the maximum call charges aren't pegged to the price of a monthly contract.

If that was how plusnet operated, we'd all pay for the minimum contract safe in the knowledge that if we had a heavy month it would only cost maybe £20 more.
N/A

Sorry. I am not quite surwe which way you swing on the issue, depending on that, you have some intetresting points.