cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDSL speeds

N/A

MaxDSL speeds

My migration to PN adslMAX came in to effect yesterday morning, but I have not noticed any significant speed increases atall. I know it's early day's but I'm sure i should have had some changes to my speed's.

My last speed test came in at 1748kbps.
and upload speeds of about 372kbps

But my line now shows anything from 5.7-6.5 mbps on the modem logo near my clock.

Should I be doing anything in particular to help my speed's stabalize/increase?

i did read somewhere that I should make frequent dissconnection's..is that correct? and if so how frequent and for how long...i am using a Speedtouch 330 modem with updated driver's but will be getting a Router very soon.

Thanks

PS:

I also got this from PlusNet's tools...

Your High-speed Broadband Service

Your current broadband speed is 2000 Kbps

surely it should be reporting something higher....
59 REPLIES
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

anyone?
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

the advice is to reboot your router to help with new snyc speed (i think) but stay connected as much as you can! it is 10-14 days, so to begin with reboot once a day i would say. If after 10days no change try more often (but its not a problem till after 14 days)
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

okay...just concerned me to see my line rATE Say either 6.5 or 5.4 mbps and my stable rate on PlusNet tools say 2000kbps....but yeah it is early day's.

I've just disconnected and switched my pc off for 15m minutes (modem not a router at the moment) and I'll leave it on until the same time tomorrow.

my latest speedtest....

Last Result:
Download Speed: 1973 kbps (246.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 373 kbps (46.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

They're just taking the Link:censored , the next thing they will tell us is to get rid of the washing machine, anyway I'm off after 3 months of misery, good luck to you all.

Moderators note by John (johnessex) Avoidance of swear filter removed
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

I ain't giving up yet..still early day's, but my speeds are dropping somewhat in the evening to near 1mb sometimes, but more often than not up to almost 2mb...but considering that's what I migrated FROM(pipex)....but I will give it at least a few weeks before I start ranting and raving to CSC..lol

mind you.....this is truly taking the mickey now......especially when I had a lovely 2mb adsl before....

Last Result:
Download Speed: 902 kbps (112.8 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 370 kbps (46.3 KB/sec transfer rate)

and its amazing what I disconnect/reconnect can do....the highest speeds so far...

Last Result:
Download Speed: 2730 kbps (341.3 KB/sec transfer rate)
Upload Speed: 373 kbps (46.6 KB/sec transfer rate)
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

My connection was maxed on Tuesday, I did not notice any difference in download speeds until yesterday, which jumped from 2mb to 6.6Mb. (I think it takes a whikle for the BRAS profile on the switch @ exchange to change)

But I am having constant disconnects, as expected, and it's certainly worse in the evenings.

I hope when the 10 day 'initial' period is over that my connection stabalises....
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

I am not getting any disconnections.....
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

Who's your ISP then?
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

julesp1970 isp is plusnet
craiglay
Grafter

MaxDSL speeds

I'd just like to add that I got Maxed a few weeks back. Looking at the Plusnet Max guide, it says that the profile update will take 3 days to take affect. As your profile will have changed from "fixed" 2000kbps to whatever your new Max syncs at, it will take 3 days to update. This was the case for me. Now, I sync at 8Mbit with my profile at 8000kbps.

I must also add, in two weeks I haven't had ANY disconnections, speedtests come out around 600k/second, ping rates are good and generally I think the PN service is good.

Even my referal on a marginal line which couldn't receive 512kbps is happily stable at about 1500kbps, rarely disconnects and is good. We both have Netgear DG834 routers...

Craig
craiglay
Grafter

MaxDSL speeds

@noelwilde

I hope you've done ur homework and the ISP you are transfering to doesn't keep you on MaxDSL as I would imagine you'd be getting the same problem there too...
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

I have cable already installed, so it's my last hope I suppose, if that doesn't work God help me.
By the way is jules1970 on dial up?
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

No I'm on MaxADSL as of Monday morning of this week.

My stable rate began at 2000 then went to 5000 now stuck at 4000 at the moment, but many factor's could affect this, the line length from my master socket to my USB modem being one of them. Just surprised i've not had any dissconnectons apart from 2 in the first 24-48 hours and that was because Idle Timeout's was set to on if no internet activity in 30 minutes, no disconnections since i turned that to off, only manual one's to re-set my modem etc....glad when i go wireles in a few weks hopefuly tha will help my speeds....i seem to be getting anywhere between 1 and 3.5mb at the mo...though BTW say's line rates possible up to 7mb I am only 820 metres from the exchange.

latest speedtest...

N/A

MaxDSL speeds

Sounds good, you're very lucky, I wish I had the same, instead I have had a rubbish service and paid a cancellation fee which under the circumstances should be waived.At no time have plusnet been open with reasons for the many problems suffered by many people.Again, good luck, but it is early days yet.