cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxDSL speeds

N/A

MaxDSL speeds

I've eventually got my 8 meg service up and running. The router status shows...

Connection Speed 7067 kbps 639 kbps
Line Attenuation 38 db 9 db
Noise Margin 12 db 12 db

.. which doesn't seem to be bad! However, running a speed test on both Plusnet and ADSL Guide gives a dowload speed only slightly faster than before (ie about 2Mbps) although upload speeds are doubled to around 0.5Mbps.

Should I be getting faster speeds.
7 REPLIES
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

If you've only just been maxed, be patient, your connection may still be adapting to line conditions.

Assuming you did you tests this morning traffic has been quite heavy which increases contention & thus reduces your download speed.

Another thing to watch is that your stable rate/data rate is set correctly. Should be 6000kpbs in your case. You can check on:
https://portal.plus.net/my.html?

Mine (and many other people's) was stuck too low for ages.
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

Sorry incorrect link in previous post. Should be:

https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=stable_rate
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

Thanks... I didn't know about that one!! I assume it will adjust automatically over the next few days as it reconnects?
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

The "button" is missing, should be on connection settings page with speed tester, VMBU etc.

Yes it should adjust in time if your sync rate holds up. If it doesn't you will have to get it "nudged" by PN, but that's a whole career in itself Cheesy Its only taken me 2 months :roll:
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

How did you manage to get PN to update your stable rate speed? My router is connecting at 3.168 Mbps and has been doing so for the last 3 weeks yet I'm only getting a stable rate of 500 Kbps. I've raised a ticket and asked PN to check it but no response for the past 5 days! How do you get them to react?

Thanks
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

Actually I think it's bordering on getting manure out of a rocking horse!!
N/A

MaxDSL speeds

Well posting a ticket, sorry, question doesn't work. You need divine intervention which may come about if you put enough posts on the forum Smiley