cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MaxADSL connections

N/A

MaxADSL connections

I moved at the start of the month and unexpectedly found my new line had been put on Max ADSL. Download speed has reglarly been 3.5-4Mbs, but sometimes as low as 1.3Mb. However since the move my connection has regularly dropped every half hour. This has been going on for over two weeks now and is a major irritation. PlusNet FAQs suggest I should have expected this for 10 days, I've raised a ticket with them to ask what is going on but after over 24 hours they haven't responded. Can anyone with experience of switching to Max ADSL tell me if this is normal after more than 2 weeks?
3 REPLIES
timps
Grafter

MaxADSL connections

Hi you won't want hear this but what is normal is not hearing back from PN in 24 hours
have you gone through the broadband fault checker ?
If you have you should get an acknowledgement and some figures, the fault will be passed on as appropriate .. bit of a lottery as to when someone will get back to you but it won't be quickly maybe 5-7 days unless someone in the forums picks it up.
if you haven't gone through BB fault checker i'd advise it
timps
N/A

MaxADSL connections

Fault checker doesn't help much as they have the phone number wrong ... another ticket raised for them to answer at their leisure.
N/A

MaxADSL connections

Yes it's normal. However it should subside after 2 weeks absolute max., assuming you have a good line to get upto 8Mb!