cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max upgrade

N/A

Max upgrade

Hi,
I submitted a request to upgrade from a 2Mb line to MAX just over a week ago - does anyone know how long it usually takes? I'm still syncing a 2Mb down and 288Kb up.

Cheers,

Paul.
11 REPLIES
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

Max upgrade

This normally takes up to 14 days from the request but I'm feeling generous so I have placed the order manually for you Cheesy

This will complete on Monday.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Max upgrade

Great, thanks Chris!
N/A

Broadband upgrade 23 days and counting

Not that it helps much I had my first acknowledgement of the upgrade on April 4th and have requested an update on two occaisions since then yesterday 26th April and the 16th April on both of these times I had a reply saying it will be handled as a priority with no explanation.

Other people I know have had faster service from other providers in this regard which is a shame as in general the response I've had from the customer support team has been good.

So far 23 days and counting on my upgrade.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Max upgrade

Your MaxDSL regrade has completed, I'll make the necessary changes here. Reboot your modem/router and you should see the best speed possible on your line.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Max upgrade

Thank you for taking action.
I can see that you have done something as my preious line speed of 2000 has now dropped to 1500 as shown in My Account "High Speed Broadband" section and if I run a Speed test in seems to return about 1460 now as opposed to the 1960'ish I used to get.
I have rebooted my router several times over the last couple of days and I've not noticed any changes is there something else I should be doing to have access to higher speeds ?
Thanks for any advice.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Max upgrade

What are your modem/router stats showing?
If you aren't sure how to get them then this page should be able to guide you.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Max upgrade

Interesting link to hidden stats for various routers - very useful, thanks.

As you probably suspected/knew it shows 5996 for down speed so that is good. However, why do the figures from My Connection show 1500 and 1460 from your speed test ?

Thanks.
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Max upgrade

If the sync stays at 5996 for 3-5 days then the profile will increase again, unfortunately 1 bad sync during this period resets the 3 days again.
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Max upgrade

Thankyou for speedy reply.

Is that a continuous cylce or just at the beginning ?

Any chance of an explanation to why the tools you provide show the much lower numbers ?
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Max upgrade

James made a very useful post here on connection speed queries. This should answer most of your questions Smiley
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team
N/A

Max upgrade

Thanks