cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max possible upstream?

N/A

Max possible upstream?

Is MaxDSL capable of giving an 800k upstream. I've already got 448k which is a big improvement on the original 250k. The router says the max possible is about 700k.
7 REPLIES
N/A

Max possible upstream?

448 is BT Residential, anything over is for people on Tiscali LLU exchanges or BT Business Packages. Then its around 800+
willhome
Grafter

Max possible upstream?

so there is a advantage to going with tiscali
Community Veteran

Max possible upstream?

What upstream speed you get is still goverened by your line conditions, whether this is BT or Tiscali in addition to the product you are on.
N/A

Max possible upstream?

There is also another advantage to a Tiscali LLU. In the future your likely to see speeds of upto 24MBs (ADSL2).

I think this will be available on Tiscali LLUs much sooner than anything similar from BT, whether or not BT even plan to bring out ADSL2 that is.

But as Peter said it also very much depends on your line condition and your current product choice.
shellsong
Grafter

Max possible upstream?

I'm saving myself for a more enlightened approach to bandwidth usage from a LLU ISP Wink
willhome
Grafter

Max possible upstream?

if you get moved to tisacli do get 8**kbps up on normal premier/plus accounts
N/A

Max possible upstream?

why if we are being moved to tiscalis LLU while on plusnet, should we not just move onto tiscalies ISP services and cut out the middle man.