cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max Upgrade

N/A

Max Upgrade

Thought I'd try my question here, as asking it on a ticket has got me two apparently copy & pasted replys that so far haven't answered the qurestion...

My connection was upgraded to max early monday morning; I'm aware that there can be a period of initial instability.

Does that initial "unstable" amount to "unusable"?

As soon as my router achieves sync, it loses it again, regains sync, loses it again... The connection is usually held long enough to pick up its network settings (IP address, etc), but not long enough for useful data transfer to take place (eg a DNS lookup for web browsing).

My previous connection was 512Kbits and working fine until the max upgrade early on monday morning, now the router syncs at ~2.5Mbits, but as I said above, won't hold sync at that speed. I'm presuming that the sync speed is too high for the line, but since monday morning, there has been no attempt by the equipment to sync at any lower speed.

Is it just a matter of time and me sitting out with an unusable connection until it decides to try a lower sync speed? Or is there something that I or Plusnet should be doing to convince it to sync at a lower speed?
4 REPLIES
sam
Grafter

Max Upgrade

Hi topsydog,

I am just having a look at your fault now. I will come back to you when the results have been returned.
sam
Grafter

Max Upgrade

Hi,

Your fault has been passed to BT, you can monitor this in ticket 21337669.

I will keep my eye on it and will ensure that the ticket is updated as soon as we get any info back.
N/A

Max Upgrade

Thanks Smiley
sam
Grafter

Max Upgrade

Hi,

No problem.