cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Max DSL upgrade - router says 8mb Downstream, Plusnet 2mb

N/A

Hi

Applied for Max Dsl 21/3, when I login to my Netgear it's now showing 8128kbps Downstream, but under Connection Settings/High Speed Broadband in the members page it's still showing as 2mb. Been rebooting router on a daily basis, is there anything plus.net can do to get me on the high speeds please?

Line attenuation showing as 23db, Noise Margin 11db, is that ok?

Thanks
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I assume the stats are for downstream, it which case they are very good considering you are syncing at the highest speed possible on Max.

It take 10 days (actually more like 12 or 13) from when you get Max to BT sending a Delta report to PlusNet which contains the setting BT will allow for your speed whch PN then set for your line (the 200 figure you currently see). You will need to wait for that period to complete before reporting any speed issues. Sometimes BT do not send the report or for some reason PlusNet do not act on it so if you are sure 13 days have elapsed since getting Max then you raise a ticket, include your line stats and ask PN to investigate a speed fault.
N/A

Hi

Thanks for the quick reply...no problems I'll wait..good to know my stats look good anyway (they are for downstream).

Cheers