SNR Margin 10.9 23.0 dB
Line Attenuation 43.1 27.5 dB
Errored Seconds 3252 200
Loss of Signal 6 6
Loss of Frame 0 0
CRC Errors 62 6
Data Rate 1760 448 kbps
Latency INTERLEAVED INTERLEAVED

Is there anyway I can reverse the MaxDsl upgrade as previously I had a rock solid 1mbps and now plus nets speed test os reporting a mere 700Kbps :-(

I am stuck now?

Cheers

Ben
6 REPLIES
Alecto
Grafter

Max DSL Started at 4mbps and is now synching at 1.7Mbps

The bad news is that BT do allow reversals, but Plusnet don't, so you can't go back to the static speed you were on before. You are stuck with Max.

What is your maximum stable rate?
I'd expect this to be higher than the 1Mb you had before, given the speed you are syncing at.

The speed test is not a reasonable measure of how fast your line is working - lots of factors come into it.
But if you are syncing at that speed, and your stable rate is at least 1Mb, then you will be no worse off than your were before in terms of speed.
N/A

Err, raise a ticket with CS but be prepared for the fact that you will have to pay for the 'upgrade Wink ' ...according to a communication I had over the same issue!

It is also possible to have your connection regraded back to ipstream, however in doing so ther would be a regrade fee , please let us know by reply
Regards A CS agent
Alecto
Grafter

Interesting. Looks like they've changed the rules again since I last heard and are now allowing regrades.
N/A

Nothing surprises me...that text was from a ticket I had running on the 17th May
N/A

Well now he rate has dropped down to 1178Kbps d/s! Which is worse than before, although there is one other thing, Caller display has stopped working on the home phone also so maybe I have a line issue?
N/A

gpattison - My stable rate is being shown as 2000Kbps!

Cheers

Ben