cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail accounts

N/A

Mail accounts

If I bring in a domain name such as myweb.com is it possible to set up multiple mail accounts on the webspace other than mail@me.plus.com

mail@myweb.com
me@myweb.com

I can rediret several websites but I would like to keep a number of email accounts under a primary domain.
12 REPLIES
N/A

Mail accounts

The reason I am asking is;

If I keep the domain in a holding service I can have mailboxes but need to pay every month for a set of domain mailboxes.

If I can host in plus.net I save the monthly costs.
N/A

Mail accounts

Yes, you can host them at +Net.

However, take the following.

You have a mailbox user1@username.plus.com, then user1.domain.com is also delivered there.
N/A

Mail accounts

Yes I understand the user unique limitation.

So if I set up bowring.org as a default domain, then I can set up

me@bowring.org
mydad@bowring.org

as long as I don't try and conflict with

me@bowring.plus.net
N/A

Mail accounts

It's not that they might conflict, they will conflict.

Though, I might not understand what you are saying/asking.
N/A

Mail accounts

I have a domain

bowring.org

which has several family members using my current server, a webhotel.

I would lik to bring this into plus.net as my primary webspace and provide everyone with email boxes as before

eg

me@bowring.org
mydad@bowring.org

I have no conflicts with usernames such as me @or mydad

Ca I set up mailboxes with the default bowring.org

Regards
Martin
N/A

Mail accounts

Yes, as noted above.

But, if you have dad@domain.com, then dad@username.plus.com is also delivered to the same mailbox.
N/A

Mail accounts

Ca I set up mailboxes with the default bowring.org

Yes. Plain and simple Cheesy As mentioned before any mailboxes you have are unique to the person that you have allocated them to not the domain that you might associate them with e.g. dad@<domain> is the same as dad@<username>.plus.com etc. All the time you keep them different, no problems. Use the domain transfer tool in the portal to transfer your domain.
N/A

Mail accounts

Yes I think that answers my questions. Keep the usernames unique and all is well.

Now I am having problems bringing in the domain. The automated system tells me the domain is not Network Solutions.

It was until a hour ago. Now it is buydomains.com

Should I wait till this change settles down. I have set the servers to Plusnet
N/A

Mail accounts

It's a whole lot easier if you just get who ever is hosting the domain (Network solutions Total Registrations etc) to change the admin contact to PlusNet, the DNS servers to ns1.force9.net 195.166.128.16 and ns2.force9.net 195.166.128.17 then raise a ticket requesting a manual transfer. More details regarding contact details for plusnet can be found from the contact us wizard, just send them off to your registrar. Job done Wink
N/A

Mail accounts

Yes I have done a lot of transfers - in and out of plus.net. At the moment your automated system is rejecting the inward transfer of bowring.org

I have set up the rest with the registrant.

Regards
Martin Bowring
N/A

Mail accounts

Then raise a ticket for bowring.org. Support should be able to manually create the zone records etc.
N/A

Mail accounts

Domain transfer has been actionaed an all appears to be OK.

Thanks
Martin