cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mail Checking Problems With XP

N/A

Mail Checking Problems With XP

Previous to a few days ago I was using Windows '98 on my "old" PC with Eudora as my mail client. I used to check my mail every hour or so but didn't have my BB connected -I got Eudora to dial up and disconnect when finished checking -that worked fine and if I clicked " check mail" it would connect then .
I then got a new PC with Windows XP-Home and installed Eudora -settings as before .NOw when I click " check mail" it brings up the Alcatel Speedtouch box and I have to click " dial" to get it to connect .This means that Eudora is unable to
connect and check mail on it's own as before .
Apart from having my BB "on" all the time I can't see any way round this . As my PC is presently in my bedroom and the fan is a bit noisy that is a problem .
Another thing I noticed is that in each of the " personalities " in Eudora where I check mail from Freeserve etc the "incoming mail " setting changes from what it was previously ( mail.plus.net for example) to " local host" although it seems to still check the mail OK -just wondered why it did this -Windows '98 never did this.
tia
Stuart
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mail Checking Problems With XP

You need to set the dail up networking to dail when a network connection is not present and also remove the prompt for password and number bit then it will dail automatically

Cheers
Jim

--
very funny Mr Spock ! Now beam me down my clothes !
N/A

RE: Mail Checking Problems With XP

> You need to set the dail up networking to dail when a network connection is not present and also remove the prompt for password and number bit then it will dail automatically
>
> Cheers
> Jim
>
Thanks Jim
It was the "prompt for number " bit that was causing the problem .I've been scratching my head all moring over this .
cheers
Stuart