cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macs-OSX and modems

N/A

Macs-OSX and modems

Can anyone help with connection problems being experienced with setting up an i-mac, a Hermsted DSL webshuttle and a plus net account. During set-up we need to fill out the fields using PPPoe as it is the only choice available. With some i-macs it works and with others it does'nt. We are using OSX2.13.
Any help will be gratefully received,
Bill Coxon
2 REPLIES
BoneMan
Grafter

RE: Macs-OSX and modems

> During set-up we need to fill out the fields using PPPoe as it is the only choice available>

Bill,
Please confirm "PPPoE as only choice". AFAIK you need PPPoA in the UK. Can your supplier not help you? Don't know where you bought yours from but DSLSource (http://www.dslsource.co.uk/) sell them too, so maybe they can help you. Otherwise, sorry, have never used a Mac in my life.

Good luck,

BoneMan

N/A

RE: Macs-OSX and modems

> Can anyone help with connection problems being experienced with setting up an i-mac, a Hermsted DSL webshuttle and a plus net account. During set-up we need to fill out the fields using PPPoe as it is the only choice available. With some i-macs it works and with others it does'nt. We are using OSX2.13.
> Any help will be gratefully received,
> Bill Coxon

dear bill
PPPoE is what the webshuttle uses. the webshuttle aparently emulates PPPoA (as used in the uk) in the hardware. i thinks it says somthing about this in the manual.
as for settings in the PPPoE CHECKBOX, TICK THIS
and enter your account details + password in the appropriate fields. and you should be able to connect. if this fails trying re-installing your webshuttle driver and entering settings again.
also make sure you have webshuttle selected in the network port configerations. (it should read the words:- SHOW:WEBSHUTTLE) in the main network ports window.

hope this helps.

david taylor (david.taylor14@btinternet.com)