cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac in XP home network

N/A

Mac in XP home network

Hi people

I've done a search on the topic but still unclear. I'm running a home network, ADSL into router into my pc into hub into 3 other XP PCs. I'm gagging to buy an iMac G4. Can I just plug into the free ethernet slot of the hub and 'join' the home network therefore have ADSL in the mac thru ICS? Please tell me I can do that since the deal for the iMac is really tempting. :confused:
2 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Mac in XP home network

Hi

I am assuming you are talking about a hardware router? If so, this should work fine, and the latest version of jaguar has Windows networking built in so you can share files etc between machines.

Hope this helps, email me if its still unclear

Aaron

> Hi people
>
> I've done a search on the topic but still unclear. I'm running a home network, ADSL into router into my pc into hub into 3 other XP PCs. I'm gagging to buy an iMac G4. Can I just plug into the free ethernet slot of the hub and 'join' the home network therefore have ADSL in the mac thru ICS? Please tell me I can do that since the deal for the iMac is really tempting. :confused:

fidgetingferdie
Grafter

RE: Mac in XP home network

Hello there, we have two Macs 3 Windows and 1 Linux boxes and have had no probs at all.
They all go online without much fuss.
To be able to make them talk to each other we use our Win2k server box,, although there are quite a few commercial programs out there which allow easy connectivity between Macs and Win boxes (DAVE for example)

So, if the deal is that good, go for it!!
Smiley

> Hi people
>
> I've done a search on the topic but still unclear. I'm running a home network, ADSL into router into my pc into hub into 3 other XP PCs. I'm gagging to buy an iMac G4. Can I just plug into the free ethernet slot of the hub and 'join' the home network therefore have ADSL in the mac thru ICS? Please tell me I can do that since the deal for the iMac is really tempting. :confused:

--
BlabLablAblabla (!)