cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac code please please please!!!!

N/A

Im desperate for my mac code now as i want to move before the weekend come on plusnet please give it to me. Cry
14 REPLIES
Community Veteran

All MAC code requests are dealt with in the order they are received.
N/A

I can understand that it makes sense but surely it cant take long to actually generate the code (aint got a clue how it works) id have thought it was a simple process. If i applied now for a upgrade how long would it take for my money to be taken, you'd soon be on the case. Joining plusnet is an easy process leaving seems that bit more drawn out. Im not being nasty or anything like that, ive had nearly 3 great years but with the fup i need to get out and go somewhere else asap. Surely when plusnet bought the fup in they must have realised that a lot of customers would jump ship so surely they would be prepared for a lot of mac code requests.
Community Veteran

Plusnet's 'retention team' try to contact the customer when they request to leave - Although asking for a MAC code does not mean you will leave but it is treated the same way - to find out why they are leaving and see if they can help if it's due to a specific problem. This process does take several days (upto 7 I believe).

There are also only a limited number of people within the company that are authorised to get a MAC code from BT (this is actually a BT restriction) so there can sometimes be a delay if a lot of people request MAC codes at the same time.

MAC codes cannot be ''prepared', they have to be requested from BT. They are only valid for 30 days so are only generated at the time the customer requests it.PlusNet could not have got a MAC code for all of their customers 'just in case' they decided to leave. It is also generated by BT and not PlusNet.

I realise this does not help your situation but everyone is dealt with in the same way as far as possible.
N/A

'only generated when a customer requests them'
If thats the case how come it takes so long for the customer to recieve them, if as you stated they are generated when the customer requests them. :twisted:
Community Veteran

I explained some of the reasons above. The retention team try to contact you first before getting the MAC code and there are also delays in actioning the tickets in the first place.
N/A

Dont plusnet read the forums? I mean my reason for leaving is in the 1st message i put in this thread and also on my ticket, so why would they like to know why im leaving when its already known. :twisted:
hitachi
Grafter

You are going to have to pay plusnet for the next 30 days anyway and migrations only take about a week so unless you want to pay twice there is no great rush.
N/A

The payment money issue aint a problem its just that i want out, and quick, and migration doesnt take that long anyway, how come ukonline state that as soon as they get the mac code off e i wont be offline for than 2 hours.
hitachi
Grafter

Offline time might only be 2 hours but I think you will find it takes B.T. 7 to 10 days to do the migration.
N/A

Sorry if i misunderstood you, so what you're saying is i get my mac code i give that to my new isp i pay them but im still paying plusnet because im still with them, if you know what i mean.
hitachi
Grafter

Hi
You should not start paying them until you actually migrate, but you will still have to pay plusnet till the end of the 30 day notice period. If your billing date falls in your 30 day period plusnet will still take another month,but you should be able to claim a refund for the difference.
N/A

Thanks for the reply. Right here goes. My payment to plusnet is due in 4 days (monthly contract) so say for instance i get my mac code tomorrow I send that to ukonline then im basically a month to go with plusnet as far as payments go. Am i right here. :?
Community Veteran

Almost.

Your 30 day notice period starts when you requested your MAC code.

You will pay your normal monthly fee in 4 days.

You can claim back for any days you have paid for after your 30 day notice period.

Even if you migrated in 5 days time, you can still only claim back the days paid for after 30 day notice period.

What you can do is ask your new ISP to migrate you nearer the end of the 30 day notice period so you don't end up paying twice for a period of time (i.e. during the 30 day perod and when you actally migrate which is when you will have to pay the new ISP the first monthly fee).
N/A

cant plusnet just take the money i owe so i can get on with my life, inc the 30 day thing, ill pay it by debit card if they want as i said i just want out.