cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS X & Easystart USB Modem

N/A

I know this subject has been covered before, but I didn't find a definative answer anywhere.

I've ordered the Easystart package from plusnet with the free USB Modem. My plan is to eventually (maybe in a month or so) upgrade to a real Ethernet modem. However in the mean time I'll need to use the Binatone modem. Will the modem function with Mac OS X 10.3.2 ? Could anyone with 10.3.2 confirm it?

Cheers for your time.
5 REPLIES
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Hi,

The modem should work fine on OS X. I installed it myself on my own Mac (running OS X 10.1.5 I think) and it worked fine. I'd have thought that the setup would be exactly the same on 10.3.2.
N/A

Thanking you again Smiley

You do realise you've personally answered all 3 questions i've posted over 2 different forums. I'm impressed Cheesy Sure you're not sick of me yet?
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

No problem.

Gives me something to do doesn't it? Smiley
N/A

For your added peace of mind if you're still interested, I have managed to install the binatone modem on Mac OS 10.3.2. It's not remotely obvious how to do so though. Ask me when you get there if you can't work it out.

James
N/A

Thanks for the confirmation!

I recieved my modem on Tuesday (asked for it to be sent early) installed the drivers and hooked it all up.

It seems to be fine, though i've got no sync yet (activation due on Sunday) though i'm keeping an eye on the flashing ADSL light, waiting for it to turn solid Smiley

One thing I would like to know - Is it possible to adjust MTU values?