cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac OS 10.2.8

N/A

Mac OS 10.2.8

Can anyone help!

I have been 'connected' yesterday with my user account and password to asdl.
I didnt buy the kit from plus net as i thought the asdl modem etc I already had would work (worked when i was with zen). I have an asdl 300g+ D-Link running across an ethernet connection. I have tried the fixed IP address but that doesnt work either.

I'm at my wits end, and still waiting for a response from the customer support. The reason for the move accross to plus net from zen was i have just moved house and plus net looked ideal for what i needed, i have lost 2 weeks production because of this - its costing me a fortune.

Anyone out there who can help??

Cheers
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Mac OS 10.2.8

Does the modem sync with ADSL (i.e. if it has a sync light, is it lit or flashing or blank - read the manual to see what that means).

Have you entered PlusNets login and password. This will be username@plusdsl.net and your normal password. The PlusNet IP should then be visable on your Mac's interface.

Other than that for just an ADSL Etherney modem there should be no other setting up. You should not need to confifure a fixed IP address, it should be assigned automatically.

Was yesterday the date that you were given for the migration to complete or have you received an email saying it is activated before the date you were given. If before the date then this is a false activation email which some users are getting and you have not been activated yet.
N/A

Mac OS 10.2.8

Cheers Peter,

To start with the adsl light is flashing.

Am i best connecting 'USING DHCP' then, how does it know where to look?
With Zen I was given a static IP address , subnet mask and router info.

The modem didnt come with any software you have to use the Mac's own network utility so there is no user/pass unless you attempt to connect using PPPoE (which also doesnt work) As a footnote my email settings didnt work either.

They did say a week to 10 days on the activation and it is a bit sooner. Maybe I am just being impatient?

Think I should go on holiday for a few days, do a bit of chillin.
Community Veteran

Mac OS 10.2.8

If you are migrating you should have been given a specific migration date. I suggest you raise a contact us ticket and ask if you have really been migrated or you received your activation email in error like several others have recently..

Can still connect to Zen. If so, you have not been migrated yet.

I thought the 300g was just a ADSL modem and nothing else. In which case you have to configure it to logon to PlusNets network just like you did with Zen - how did you enter the login/password when you set it up to connect to Zen? I know it comes with windows config software which I guess does not work on the Mac.

Once it is logged in, the PlusNet assigned IP address is what you see on your network card on the Mac (i.e. in passes through the modem) and things like gateway, netmask and DNS servers will be automatically configured.

I also did not think the modem had DHCP capabilities as it just works in bridging mode (i.e. transparent). There is only 1 IP address and that is the one assigned by PlusNet.
N/A

Mac OS 10.2.8

Nice one Peter

Think you've pointed me in the right direction.
Just gotta find that software disk!

Thanks very much