cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mac Mini, DG834G and Plusnet BB+

N/A

Im going to be getting a Mac Mini soon, I have a wireless Netgear DG834G router which ive been using with a PC, so the router itself is already set up. I'm a Plusnet Broadband Plus user.

How easy is it to get the mini up and running on the internet the very first time after you switch it on with a wired or wireless connection? Do I simply put the ethernet cable in the mini and switch it on and the mini will automatically connect? Could any Plusnet Mac user run through what happens with the very first setup?
1 REPLY
N/A

With ethernet, it should be automatic. With wireless, a dialog box will pop up asking if you want to join the network. This is assuming you aren't using some sort of method to stop other people joining your wireless network. (The router by default runs an open wireless network). If you are using some encryption, you will need to enter the key in the dialog box. If your router is also set up to allow only certain MAC addresses to connect, then you'll need to add your mini's wifi MAC address to your router (via a web browser from a box already connected).