i got 3 com dual link
10 REPLIES
N/A

MY new modem

lo,not sure if this is what your after but could be of interest to you
http://www.fotonica.fis.unb.br/adsl/default_en.htm
Community Veteran

MY new modem

If the above does not help, details of the exact model are needed so we can look around. Also what connection type does it use USB or lan (ethernet) to your PC. And what does it claim to be/do - A link to a product page on 3coms site would help?
N/A

MY new modem

Product Specifications

Number of computers for DSL service: Up to 2 without a LAN, up to 8 on a LAN (see Please Note below)

Interfaces/WAN: ADSL (RJ-11 connector)

Interfaces/local: USB and 10BASE-T (RJ-45 connector)

OS Supported (Ethernet): WinMe, Win2000, WinNT, Win98, and Win95 (Client or Workstation versions only)*************************why didnt i read this

OS Supported (USB): WinMe, Win2000, and Win98 (Client versions only)**************and why didnt i read this Sad

Minimum requirements/modem: Computer with 16 MB RAM and 10 MB hard drive space available, USB port and/or 10BASE-T port; compatible ADSL service from your local service provider

Minimum requirements/included software: Windows 95 or later PC with a CD-ROM drive

Speeds: G.dmt: Up to 8 Mbps downstream (to subscriber) and 1 Mbps upstream (from subscriber); G.lite: Up to 1.5 Mbps downstream and 512 Kbps (see Please Note below)

Management: Manageable via any Web browser; Telnet; console, CLI, RS-232, or ADSL Forum TR-006 management application

WAN services: RFC 1483, RFC 2364, RFC 2516; full-rate ADSL services include ITU G.992 (G.dmt) and ANSI T1.413, Issue 2; sub-rate ADSL services include ITU G.992.2 (G.lite)

Height: 4 cm (1.5 in)

Width: 22 cm (8.7 in)

Depth: 13.8 cm (5.4 in)

kinda answered my own question here ,,,,i should read before i buy Sad
N/A

MY new modem

The windows 2000 driver should work wiht XP, and if not, you could go down the Lan route, which should be universal, unless it uses propriety connection software on a PC.
N/A

MY new modem

OK, having looked around, I can't find much on it.

I did find that you can turn it into a router, which isn't documented (apparently).

However, i can't find the page on 3COM for it. Have you got a part number or link?
N/A

MY new modem

N/A

MY new modem

That seems to be a discontinued product intended for the US market.

However, according to the PDF factsheet (HERE) it does support PPPoA.

Can't remember if I said it in this thread, however, the Windows 2000 driver should function on XP, provided you acknowledge it isn't a signed and possibly unsafe driver. Though this is not always the case.

However, upon searching the 3COM knowledge base, I have found it can be used on XP, only when using thernet and it is setup in bridging mode.

Goto the 3COM knowledge base and enter "Solution ID"

You may need to register.
pcorker
Grafter

MY new modem

If you have finished there acarr, can you come and polish my shoes for me?

Wow, thats what I call SERVICE!

Pat.
N/A

MY new modem

top dog....acarr is awarded the golden coffee cup ....

many thanks to acarr

ps i am selling it on da ebay if anyones intrested,,,,i have just ordered a intel one which i reads it works with the windows xp

cheers all who helped

accar i buy you a beer if you ever in blackpool Tongue
N/A

MY new modem

Make it a coffee bucket, and your on.

No problem for the help