cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MTU settings on BT voyager 200 router and XBOX

N/A

Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere but I am having problems with my xbox.
As far as I am led to believe i should be able to connect my router (BT voyager 200)directly to my xbox without having to go through my PC.
However when I try to connect to XBOX live i keep getting an error saying that the router's MTU should be greater than 1365.
My next step was to connect everything up through the PC but still I got the same error.
Ran DrTCP and changed MTU to 1478, saved settings but still got the same error on XBOX.
Is there anyone out there who has any idea fo what my next step should be?
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

DrTCP will only change the MTU on your windows PC and does not change anything on your router, which is where the problem appears to be. You need to connect to your router and reconfigure the MTU value it uses. I have no info on that router so can't explain how to do that (or if it is even possible). Try reading the manual that came with it.
N/A

That's the thing there is no info in the manual on how to do this. I have sent e-mail to BT to ask about this but i am not expecting a quick response
Community Veteran

All I can suggest is reset the router to it's factory defaults and reconfigure it. Having a default MTU below 1365 is unusua as is not being able to change it now a days.

Also try upgrading the firmware to the latest version available from http://www.voyager.bt.com/200/downloads.htm it lists the latest as being 5.1.0.14.
N/A

thanks i'll give it a try