cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*MB broadband...hmm

N/A

*MB broadband...hmm

Lo guys, I just found an email about this change to 8mb yesterday...it was dated a good few weeks ago if memory serves. It said I would get a confirmation, which I believe I received today, It say I may need to reboot my modem, what does this mean exactly, I'm a little slow with a pc. Also, I can't quite understand what I was meant to do to allow for the change to 8mb, Did I blow my chances by not loggin on to my connection for a couple of weeks, while absent? Apparently, I rang up, and they said I sould leave my pc on until I got confirmation. Like leave my pc powered ON for all that time? a fire hazard surely. I have to dial into my broadband, like 'connect to:' and it dials through...Oh dear, I think I've muddle it all up!
Any ideas what I should/should have done? I am getting the same speed as always, althouhg the upstream looks increased a little.
Thanks
4 REPLIES
N/A

*MB broadband...hmm

lol. It's not a fire hazard to leave your pc on all the time.

Basically you dont need to do anything, just use your computer as you normally would and you will end up with 8mb soon enough.
N/A

*MB broadband...hmm

lol. It's not a fire hazard to leave your pc on all the time.

Basically you dont need to do anything, just use your computer as you normally would and you will end up with 8mb soon enough.

Thanks for prompt reply. Do I 'need' to leave my pc on 24/7? or can I just log on every day for a few hours? Also, I checked for my exchange on a BT site, I can receive up to 6.5MB. Will I need to reboot my modem, whatever that means? Thanks again Wink
N/A

*MB broadband...hmm

If you have a router (allows you to share connection between a few computers) it stays connected to the internet, because its power source is independant of the computer. If you have a modem that is powerd by the pc (USB modem ring any bells?) you lose connection until the pc is powered back on.

Just log in for a dew hours every day. It is said that if you do have a router which automatically reconnects, that full MAXDSl activation may take longer. So i'm going to leave my router off on the night my order is submitted.

See this thread http://www.adslguide.org.uk/newsarchive.asp?item=2622
Word_Warrior
Grafter

*MB broadband...hmm

Mine's on 24/7 router printers computers et al no worries, cept still no 8Mb yet. Patience Cry