cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAC Codes

N/A

MAC Codes

Is it possible for LLU customers to get MAC codes again yet? If not, when will it be? (As I remember it, they promised that "a couple of weeks" after the LLU changes this would be possible once again.)
6 REPLIES
N/A

MAC Codes

Hi there.

MAC's for migration between LLU and BT products are not yet available.

Plus Net said it would be a few months and this is still on target. The process is being trialled but its not yet released.
N/A

MAC Codes

Where did PlusNet say it would be a few months? Their page, directly linked via http://www.plus.net/support/broadband/ about three weeks ago, stated "a couple of weeks". Unfortunately that link is no longer present thereon, and I cannot find the page at all right now. Searching for "MAC key" doesn't bring up anything relevant.

I appreciated your help with my problem before; however, I know that I read "a couple of weeks".
N/A

MAC Codes

Hi there.

12. Will I be able to move away from the service?
Currently there is no BT support for MAC based moves away from an LLU based service. Any customer wishing to move away from a PlusNet connection provided under LLU will have to cancel their broadband service. We are pressing BT as hard as possible on this and we have been told that a MAC based move process will become possible in the next few months for customers who are provisioned through LLU. Note that this affects all ISPs using LLU, not just us.

From the help and support pages here

If someone told you differently, they were wrong. The correct and official stance has always been as stated above.
N/A

MAC Codes

Hmm, strange. Oh well, thanks for the link.

Regardless of the amount of time, this doesn't seem right to me. I wonder why PlusNet didn't wait a couple of months before moving customers to LLU then.

And what if I want to move to another ISP when my contract runs out, in about a month? Before they'd made the LLU move, I would've been able to get a MAC key, but now, what can I do? (Note that I was not notified before the LLU move occured, and so I couldn't have opted out.)
N/A

MAC Codes

And what if I want to move to another ISP when my contract runs out......................(Note that I was not notified before the LLU move occured, and so I couldn't have opted out.)

Thats something which I couldnt answer. If that becomes a requirement, I would suggest that you raise a query via help and support for a definative answer.

As per other occasions and issues, PlusNet have always said that they would look at each case on its merits.

You have clearly already paid for adsl activation and imho, shouldnt have to pay for it again. PlusNet have previously stated that customers shouldnt be out of pocket as a result of moving to LLU so I reckon there may be room for manoeuvre there.

The only way to get that answered correctly, is as I said, by raising a ticket.
N/A

MAC Codes

They've agreed to pay the £47. I'm quite surprised by this.

What's remarkable, though, is that I stated that I'm going to leave, with the reason (dissatisfaction with their Internet service and their customer service), and they didn't even try to stop me! They don't seem to care!

Anyway, at least I have peace of mind now. Smiley

Thanks for the support pcsni! Much obliged.