cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lower download Speeds

N/A

Lower download Speeds

Evening all,

Having read a few of the threads in this discussion i realise that i am not in quite such bad shape after all, i have been "upraded" to DSL Max apparently for quite some time now (no email to say when the upgrade took place). my plusnet speedtest speed seems to be stuck at 1.3M my router reports this:
DSL Status
Connection Status Connected
Upstream Rate (Kbps) 448
Downstream Rate (Kbps) 8128
US Margin 24
DS Margin 11
Modulation MMODE
LOS Errors 0
DS Line Attenuation 20
US Line Attenuation 16
Path Mode Interleaved

performing a bt speedtest gives results of 1.9M plusnet bandwidth speed test gives 1.3M on average.

If i put my phone number in on the bt website it shows that i should be seeing 6.5M

i have been disconnecting my router every couple of days for about 15min to see if this will improve but i see no increase in download speeds at all.

If anyone has any suggestions i will be most grateful

Regards

Edd
5 REPLIES
N/A

Lower download Speeds

Yeah W.T.F DAM WHERE PLUSNET ADMINS :x
Community Veteran

Lower download Speeds

Do you feel better after that outburst?

@ eddnlozza

Your router stats show you up for an 8M line Cheesy

But your speed test results indicate a BT profiling problem as the BT speed test, are low. Please can you confirm that you used the BT login details to complete the BT speed test?

Also when did your upgrade take place, if it was within the last 10 days, then you are still in the training period and should see an improvement soon.

Over the next 5 days try rebooting your router at least once a day, and hoppfully your profile will update.

Failing that you will need to rasie a ticket with PlusNet.

Chilly
N/A

Lower download Speeds

Chilly,

Thanks for your response. when i did the BT speed test i entered my username@plusdsl.net. the below was performed today @ 1400

Test1 comprises of Best Effort Test: -provides background information.
IP profile for your line is - 7150 kbps
DSL connection rate: 448 kbps(UP-STREAM) 8128 kbps(DOWN-STREAM)
Actual IP throughput achieved during the test was - 1779 kbps

i'm not quite sure when the upgrade took place i requested it 27th june and noticed no change so raised another 20th november. either way i should be well out of the training period. while checking all the wiring i found a bad filter in one of my sky boxes and replaced it back in november. the sync speed went from 2127 to 8218 but the downloads have not changed. could this have limited it during the training period? if it did then how do i get the training restarted?

Thanks & Regards

Edd
Community Veteran

Lower download Speeds

The IP profile shown on the BT test is 7150 so this should be getting passed on to Plusnet who should set you stable rate similar to that figure.

What do you see when you look at the speed setting here ?
If that is still set to 2000 then indeed raise a ticket.
N/A

Lower download Speeds

John,

Thanks for your input it does indeed say 2000k on the link. i will raise a ticket now and see what the response is

Fingers Crossed

Edd