cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losying sync exactly every 5mins

N/A

Since this morning my adsl has lost sync every 5mins at around 4:55:4:58. Any idea why this could be happening, i only want to report a fault as a last resort. I've had adsl originally since 2001 but had many problems getting it back last year after i changed isp (cease/re-provide) and that was with the new extended reach limits. Finally got my line investigated by emailing Ben.V ... I'm currently using the binatone modem with a new router on order as the first one was faulty (reported a lineDB of 61) Will see if this makes any different if it arrives tommorow, i have tried unplugging everything from the line but makes no difference.

Thanks.
5 REPLIES
N/A

Sorry forgot to mention my speed test results. I have tested several times at different points of the day with similar results. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

adslguide
Downstream 338 Kbps (42.3 KB/sec) 365 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)

plusnet
382.8 kbps YOU
N/A

Well, the upstream is OK, sugesting somthing is working, but as can be seen, downstream isn't OK.

Have you tried performing some of the most basic troubleshooting available in the FAQs on this forum?
N/A

Just got up and it's working now - weird.

Downstream 457 Kbps (57.1 KB/sec) 493 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 244 Kbps (30.5 KB/sec) 263 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Community Veteran

What ADSL equipment are you using. You may have the idle timeout set which on netgear routers, disconnects ADSL after 5 mins of no activity. Check your router/modem and make sure idle timeout is disabled. This either means setting the time to 0 or using -1 but read the modem manual on how to do it.
N/A

just pressed contact us and i get this message.

Template Error: loadfile: While loading lights, /local/data/mis/doc_root/latest/support/servicestatus_lights.html does not exist or is empty.
Halted

I think plus net is fixing problems or sumert