cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost setup old BB connection

N/A

I've got a Binatone ADSL500 USB modem which isn't behaving itself.
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but can't seem to get a clean uninstall, so the reinstall keeps coming up with a PPPoE connection as the only option. I've checked the previous forum messages.
There's no uninstall program on the CD, so I'm using the Windows XP uninstaller.
I'm on Windows XP SP2, and was playing around with FTP packages for uploading websites before it all went belly-up.
The USB modem sets up fine, I just don't get the Login Settings screen.
I can ping plus.net, but get nothing when I bring up the icon to connect.
I'm now on the previous computer, dragged down from the attic, which works fine.
Any ideas?
Cheers. Andra
5 REPLIES
N/A

Language/Location settings? Make sure it's not defaulting to USA for location, Windows too. What you get as options depends on location settings.
N/A

ske1fr - I don't get any of the Binatone install screens up - all I get is just an internet screen that never makes a connection. That's why I was thinking I haven't managed to clear out the old installation before reinstalling?
Cheers. Andra
N/A

You say you can ping plus net?
If you are pinging www.plus.net it proves it works and it proves dns is also working
If you can then your connected. If you have it set in IE to allways dial default connection ie the modem then it sounds as if it does connect. Can you get webpages up?

I would assume when it does a uninstall it keeps the settings so when you installed it it just found your old setting and used them.
N/A

I get no web pages. This is why I was trying to uninstall, as I'm trying to get a clean install. I don't get the initial Binatone screen that lets me set up the country, etc, the reinstall askes me to reconnect the ADSL modem, then comes up with a completed screen on the 2 drivers. The Binatone icon appears, but this just opens the internet screen, but doesn't make any connection. The connection sets to PPoE, with no way I can see of altering it to PPoA. The connect lights on the modem are showing fine, it's the Windows side of things that I can't reinstall/reset.
Cheers. Andra
N/A

It looks like you are going to have to see whether anything relating to the Binatone software has been left in the Windows registry after uninstalling it, and delete it if it has. Make sure you backup your registry before doing this.

Tim