cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of service?

N/A

Loss of service?

My ADSL connection is down, modem is still synced so i'm presuming it's a problem at the other end.

Anyone else got a problem (before i go to the bother of raising a ticket)?Huh
6 REPLIES
N/A

Loss of service?

Not got a problem...just congestion for me!
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

Loss of service?

Hi,

According to our logs you are currently connected and I can ping you. Are you still experiencing a problem? If so is it a problem with data transfer or is the modem/router reporting something else?
Community Veteran

Loss of service?

I asume you have tried a power cycle of your modem and/or rebooted your PC?
N/A

Loss of service?

macaski...did you raise a ticket? If so, what happened?

I ask because I'm having these intermittent 'disconnects' that are really annoying me as I mainly use ADSL for gaming online.
Sometimes the disconnects happen every couple of minutes or so, sometimes mebbe one an hour, sometimes they disappear for weeks on end (Yay)

I've raised tickets in the past and Plus have checked everything out and say that as they can see that I'm _currently_ connected they consider the problem solved.

What happens with mine is that the ADSL connection icon in the systray gets a cross overlaid on it and I hear various clicks as it tries to sort itself out, but the modem icon in the systray still shows connected, ........unless the ADSL is dropped for more than mebbe 2-3 minutes and then the modem icon/connection is dropped too.

After I raise a ticket with Plus, and they do all those tests and stuff, the problem seems to sort itself out for a week or so, then they creep back in until I can stand it no longer and raise another ticket.

I'll see what replies I get here before I raise another ticket though, because I've been down that road already and the same thing has happened each time.
"No problems showing, you're connected right now so your problem is solved"

Tech support DO try and help, and they are very helpful and polite (mostly Wink )but at the end of the day, it ain't working.

BTW, the ADSL connection has been dropped here 3 times while I was typing this in, it's starting again :roll:

Hmmm, Wannadoo is starting to look good right now.
Cry
Community Veteran

Loss of service?

stewie, there are a number (many actually ) where issues of your type have been discussed. Please read through them and follow the advice given and it may solve your problem.

e.g. Brief disconnections after upgrading.
N/A

Loss of service?

Peter..been there, done that. Still the same.

In fact, this is the third time since last Christmas I've raised a ticket about the same problem.
That doesn't mean that it's only happened 3 times, it just means that it's the 3rd time that I can stand it no longer.
There may not be a 4th.
*shrug* what can I say....I'll see what happens after the next round of 'We see you're currently connected so we consider the problem solved' .

Although, I think that my case was strengthened slightly by the fact that your Tech support guy could hear the
*click click click click click bzzzzzzzz---click click click click click bzzzzzzzz*
as the connection tried to re-connect for the whole of the 10 minute conversation the other night.