cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of connection every 10 mins - going insane

N/A

I have had a problem with my broadband connection for the last 2 months where I lose connection every 10 mins. This happens everyday up until 6pm and then its fine. I have sent so many messages to Plus net. They sent BT out who found no problems with their tests.
It always takes 2 attempts to connect which will last for around 10 mins and then it will drop.
I am getting knowhere with customer support and its useless trying to call because you are held in a queue forever whilst being charged for the call.
They have now said they want to send BT out again which justs seems pointless to me!
Is anyone else experiencing problems? Hang on connection lost again... I'm back. Nightmare.
Help!!!
5 REPLIES
chymorva
Grafter

Hi charmig50,

Firstly welcome to the forums.

I very recently had a similar problem to yours - my router randomly lost sync though, sometimes a few minutes then a few hours. Sad
I eventually traced the problem to my router being faulty.
Since replacing my router I have had no disconnections at all. Smiley

Have you tried:

a. another router,
b. another filter/splitter,
c. disconnecting all phones,sky boxes, etc
d. connecting directly into the master socket.

Is it exactly every 10 minutes, and only before 6pm ? It may be due to some kind of electrical interference (for example a thermostat switching on or off)

There are a lot of people on these forums who have a lot of experience of these types of problem. If you post some more info then I am sure someone will eventually find out what the cause is. Smiley
N/A

Its important when requesting help that you can give us the facts and details so we can help.
What is the router what is the O/S how is it connected ie at the bt socket or extension. If it doing it every 10 mins you should be able to work out when it will go down again so just before then watch the line stats and see if anything suddenly changes. Post the results so we can see whats going on.

Has your connection speed suddenly gone up as the problem started?
flicker
Grafter

I had a similar problem a while ago, and it turned out to be a combination of a faulty router, and one of my telephones which was causing the disconnecting. I know it can be so frustrating not being able to pin it down to one thing.
N/A

Hi Wow thanks for the response guys.
You;ll have to excuse me because I am not very technically minded!
The router is an ADSL. When the BT chap came he put it through his router and still the problem occured so I don't think it could be that. The router is connected to an extension but I have tried at the main socket and with different wires. I have also tried a different computer and still it happened. I have tried different splitters too. The BT man tested it without the phone connected. I have not noticed the connection speed going up but I will keep a look out next time it loses connection and see what happens.
cheers guys
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 158

As you have tried it at the master socket with different wires I assume you have also tried a different filter? If this is the case then I would suggest reraising the fault to us so we can pass it back to BT. It would seem as though there is something external to your premises causing the issue.

Faults Checker
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Chris Parr
 Plusnet Help Team