cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of PPP.

N/A

Loss of PPP.

Excuse a real amateur in this field, but can anyone give some advice on what may be a problem related to other people's problem. I have a Plusnet provided Voyager modem.
I find myself being disconnected regularly, often have a problem re-connecting, sometimes fail to make a connection for some length of time. Recently this seems to be continual with disconnections at regular 2-5 minute intervals or sometimes less.
I have had this problem on and off for a few months. First time it coincided with radio interference, which went away after a few days. On a later occasion when it coincided with radio interference again I decided to try some dtective work and traced the cause to a DVD player. After that excellent connection, though I do not really understand how the interference was picked up, for a week or two and then for the last month + back to a situation that is almost worse than nothing, but no radio interference that I am aware of.
Any ideas please??
Thanks
1 REPLY
N/A

Loss of PPP.

All i can say is the modem Plusnet provided for me was absolutely useless....disconnections every 10 mins or so. After two days of putting up with it i invested in a router. Problem solved.
This may not be the case for you, but i would certainly see if you can borrow a router from someone and give that a go first.

It seems that usb modems aren't always that reliable, especially with MaxDSL on a longish line.