cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loss of ADSL connection

N/A

Loss of ADSL connection

I have been experiencing complete loss of connection since about 2am last night, and can't find any trace of a known problem in the Help & Support section.

I don't believe I'm on Tiscali's LLU unless PlusNet took the unilateral decision to migrate my account which I doubt.

I'm about to report the fault through the appropriate investigation process, but find is uncanny that this is the first total outage ever (I have complained about poor speeds before but at least had some form of ADSL access) which happens to be a few days after I secured my MAC code to move to another provider.

Almost forgot to report that the ADSL line sync's well but the router's PPP connectivity test returns an error - seems like an issue at PN's end again.

Anyone sharing similar frustrations today?
9 REPLIES
N/A

Loss of ADSL connection

Got the answer to that question: the service did migrate but I wasn't notified. PlusNet had naturally changed my account details.

Back online now with a new provider, and with crossed fingers that this actually improves my Broadband performance.
N/A

Constant disconnects

I've had constant problems with ADSL connections since early August. It seems to have taken Plusnet several weeks to recognise that there is a problem. My connection's been up and down like a fiddler's elbow for weeks, today I have had no ADSL - connected now on dial-up.
Plusnet seemed to have moved my connection to Tiscali from BT which I knew nothing about until they started to investigate this problem serious. Just waiting to get a reasonable connection before I move my ADSL elsewhere. :x
N/A

Loss of ADSL connection

bikeit, did u get disconnected around 9:40pm just now ?

see my post http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=47881&start=30
N/A

Disconnection

I was on dial-up when I posted my last comment, I noticed the ADSL connection came up about 9:50, I used it for about 30 minutes before it went down again, it was still down this morning.
N/A

Loss of ADSL connection

Hi, I've just got back to find that I couldn't get online. My router checked out ok and the lnk light was on ok. After about five attempts I've eventually got online. Quiete clearly there is something wrong at +net's end...
ChrisC
N/A

Loss of ADSL connection

I tried several times, authentification failed etc, then I got a connection to BTW telling me their service to PN was down, try later or contact PN.
N/A

Loss of ADSL connection

Did anyone else get connected to BT regarding the loss of service this afternoon?
N/A

Loss of ADSL connection

my speed was usual 5-6mb up til around 9pm, when i switched pc off last night. today, just turned it on, 4pm, and I'm getting a disgusting 14kbs speed. I'm absolutely furious.
I'm goin to Sky asap. sick of this dire service. :x
N/A

Loss of ADSL connection

My connection's been out of action for a week and a half now - the third time in as many weeks (the other two occasions were "only" for a couple of days). Despite repeated requests, I can't get customer services to answer my questions on how long this unreliability is going to last, or as to why they won't ring me to explain the issue. They just ignore every request for explanation I've made on the "Open questions" thread, but after a week of steadfastly refusing to acknowledge my questions, they claimed to have escalated it to BT who will apparently respond within 48-72 hours. Well, that was Wednesday and I'm not holding my breath. Quite apart from the loss of connectivity which is bad enough, I'm disgusted and appalled at the sheer rudeness of ignoring my repeated requests for further information.

I've never been treated this badly by any organisation of which I'm supposed to be a customer - they don't even have the courtesy to try and fob me off! Evil

Utterly furious and fed up.