cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Losing Connection Every Day at 6:05pm

N/A

Every day at this time, i loos connection to broadband as if i lost signal to my exhcange. i use a usb modem and i had hte same problem with my router, the connection just drops and i have to reconnect. why is this? is it BT? is it Plusnet? it has been liek this for 2 weeks and can be a problem when im busy working & downloading etc. if i dont have it solved soon im going to have to ring plusnet and or try another isp. ;(

my post code is NE137NQ on the wideopen exchange

[Moderator's note (by Chris P.): Title edited to be a little more descriptive]
6 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

Have you raised a contact us ticket? Support should be able to check log files on their servers to see if they can get a better idea of what's going on...

Sounds like a fairly unusual problem to me...
N/A

i will try that this afternoon thank you.
LiamM
Grafter

They're very helpful, you can use the contact us link. Is the problem still happening? I'm assuming it's something that has suddenly started happening and is not something that has been happening since you got broadband...
simonh
Grafter

I was just going to post a query about the same problem, except it happens to me at around 8.30pm. I wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I raised a ticket. It's been happening for a few weeks. I wasn't sure if I should raise a ticket, because I thought it was my end, and £50 is better in my pocket than BT's.
N/A

well it didnt happen last night so i havent raised a ticket yet, it sudely started happening a few weeks ago with the bad weather. but that cant be to blame now. im ekeping an eye on it and if it happens once again i will contact plusnet support Wink thank you
N/A

Stwange

Mine seems to underperform in the mornings for some reason, and mid afternoon.