cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logging On

N/A

Logging On

When I connect via adsl my PC takes anywhere between 25 to 40 seconds to log on and open Explorer.
Is the about average or do I have a problem.

Thanks in advance
4 REPLIES
fonejacker
Grafter

RE: Logging On

> When I connect via adsl my PC takes anywhere between 25 to 40 seconds to log on and open Explorer.
> Is the about average or do I have a problem.

Hi There,

I think you do have a problem! In your dial up networking settings do you have "Log onto Network" ticked. If you do then untick it and you should find that all becomes instant!

Regards,

Ian Wild
PlusNet Customer Support
N/A

> In your dial up networking settings do you have "Log onto Network" ticked. If you do then untick it and you should find that all becomes instant!

That certainly worked for me - reduced my login time from a minute to about 5 seconds !

N/A

> > In your dial up networking settings do you have "Log onto Network" ticked. If you do then untick it and you should find that all becomes instant!
>
> That certainly worked for me - reduced my login time from a minute to about 5 seconds !
>
>
>
>

Wher is the "Log onto Network" which tab my be looking in the wrong place but it is not in the "WIP TECH" dialup for ADSL login. Also is it poss to reconfigure so that you do not have to click the "WIP TECH" icon to logon to the net.
N/A

Thanks for the info...made the alterations...will let you know if it works...
Cheers