cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local exchange gets enabled soon! Question.

N/A

Heya, Finally my local exchange is being upgraded for ADSL and Im looking at staying with plusnet. I currently have a 24/7 Dialup account with you guys and have been a happy customer for over a year now. My local exchange will be upgraded by October 15th. My question is this:

When do I request PlusNet to start my account upgrade to the 2MBit ADSL service? Can I request it now, or do I have to wait for the exchange to be upgraded first. Also, how long will the account upgrade take and will my DialUp still be active during that time?

Sorry for all the questions, just wanna get this right in my head before splashing out money on equipment / upgrade costs.

Thanks
Simon

[Moderators note (by Chris): I have removed the FAO Support in the title of this thread, posts in a public forum are for attention of everyone.]
6 REPLIES
N/A

Ross-on-Wye just been done, well end of July... I now have 1Mb and it's great.. In terms of when can you request PlusNet to action upgrade, I was told to apply as early as I liked, once my local exchange had a confrmed live date. So, if the date you have is official, you can apply to PlusNet now.

Delay... think it it depends on work load, they get busy when an exchange goes live, but I thought I was quoted 7-10 days after live date, ended up being longer, though this was my choice to fit in with work committments.
N/A

Thanks for the information Peter, I am looking to upgrade to the

ADSL Home Worker 2000 account, however, looking at the page im redirected to after clicking the 'Upgrade to this account' button, I am unable to find it in the list or using the selection tool.

Also, does the ADSL Home worker 2000 account let my use P2P and Binary News groups? My family use these and if not, what account would I need (bearing in mind I want a 2MBit connection).

Many thanks
Simon
Community Veteran

Also, does the ADSL Home worker 2000 account let my use P2P and Binary News groups?

Yes it does.

Raise a link:Contact Us ticket stating what product you want, what phone line you want it installing on and that you are aware of the charges and what hardware (if any) you require.

Make PlusNet aware in your ticket that you couldnt see the relevent path in the upgrade processes, they maybe able to point it out / fix it or do the upgrade manually.

Chris
N/A

Also, does the ADSL Home worker 2000 account let my use P2P and Binary News groups? My family use these and if not, what account would I need (bearing in mind I want a 2MBit connection).

Many thanks
Simon

Yes, they do.

There all also no restrictions at all. Upload and download as much as you can! :shock:
N/A

Make PlusNet aware in your ticket that you couldnt see the relevent path in the upgrade processes, they maybe able to point it out / fix it or do the upgrade manually.

I recall now... I had to do much the same thing, so they haven't fixed it.

Another thing, if you are doing a managed HH conversion, you need also to say in your Contact Us ticket that you understand there will be a separate charge from BT for doing the conversion. (Think this is round £57.50.)
N/A

Many thanks to everyone for their advice in this thread and my appologies Chris for the subject error.

I have raised the ticket with Plus.Net, cant wait to get ADSL!

Thanks again
Simon