cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linux and USB ADSL modem

N/A

Linux and USB ADSL modem

I'm trying to install a Dynamode A360 USB ADSL modem on a system running RedHAT 8. I got the drivers from the Dynamode support guys who just sent the two files (a400.c and a400.h), and refused to help further. I understand, linux ain't 4 the faint of heart. Anyone out there that can help this bro? I know I need to compile and install them. But how?

Nice Man
8 REPLIES
N/A

RE: Linux and USB ADSL modem

sorry i can't help much but have you tried a google search with the filenames?
elton
Grafter

The file name extensions imply they are C source files. I assume from your question that you didn't realise this, so I'd suggest you forget it and either install XP, or get a modem which is properly supported under Linux.

--
Skonko!
elton
Grafter

Sorry, I see you did realise they are C source files. My advice remains the same though.

--
Skonko!
N/A

Hi, I'm currently dual-booting RedHat and XP. My choice for linux is for experimenting with free proxy servers, databases, iptables, etc. I'm just one o' those. That's how I get my kicks. I just need to know how to compile that c program and its header file. Thanks anyway.

> Sorry, I see you did realise they are C source files. My advice remains the same though.
>
>
> --
> Skonko!
>

N/A

if you have gcc installed which you proberly do, type "gcc filename.c -o driver" and it will compile the .c file and output it with the filename of "driver"
N/A

btw you dunt "compile" header files, they are used by .c file. leave the header file as it is and just compile the .c

N/A

Hi there,
Thanks very much. I've been rather tied up and forgot to look up this site for possible solutions. Am gonna try that. I looked up some site which suggested using

gcc -DMODULE -D_KERNEL_ -06 -c a400.c

Tried it and got plenty errors. I'll try your way now.

Cheers

btw I didn't mean compiling the header header file too. That part I knew.

> btw you dunt "compile" header files, they are used by .c file. leave the header file as it is and just compile the .c
>
>

N/A

Nope! Not much difference, mate. Looks like sintax errors, 'cuz it complains about particular variables and things like that. Am gonna get back to the Dynamode guys. They gotta be more helpful than that, I guess.
Cheers
Nice E

> Hi there,
> Thanks very much. I've been rather tied up and forgot to look up this site for possible solutions. Am gonna try that. I looked up some site which suggested using
>
> gcc -DMODULE -D_KERNEL_ -06 -c a400.c
>
> Tried it and got plenty errors. I'll try your way now.
>
> Cheers
>
> btw I didn't mean compiling the header header file too. That part I knew.
>
> > btw you dunt "compile" header files, they are used by .c file. leave the header file as it is and just compile the .c
> >
> >
>
>