cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys router FTP problem

_lecro_
Grafter

I installed a linksys AG241 gateway and now find my upload speed with ftp has dropped to under 1.0kbs.I spent the best part of 3 hours with linksys customer service trying everything they could think of but still no joy.then i took it back to the shop and got a replacment.Same problem with this one...Strangly if i connect with my old binatone adsl 500 it uploads fine,if you can call 7kbs fine
BTW im on 2mb.

DSL Status: UP
DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
DSL Path Mode: FAST
Downstream Rate: 2272 Kbps
Upstream Rate: 288 Kbps
Downstream Margin: 24 db
Upstream Margin: 28 db
Downstream Line Attenuation: 29
Upstream Line Attenuation: 18
Downstream Transmit Power: 0
Upstream Transmit Power: 0
MTU 1492
4 REPLIES
N/A

Hi

I am also having a problem with this router on exactly the same connection and using FTP. If I try to connect using cuteFTP it is mostly unsuccessful but using Dreamweavers built in FTP program it works fine.

It is most probably a problem with my settings in CuteFTP but I coud be wrong.

Would be nice if anyone has a fix.

Thanks
N/A

May sound stooopid but have you turned on the FTP on the router.

To do this log-into the router, then goto >Apps & Gaming> Single Port Forwarding and tick off the correct port for your FTP connection.

Hope this helps
holdtight
Grafter

Have you upgraded the firmware as this sometimes sorts out a few niggles like this ?
I use a linksys WAG54G V2 and my upload speeds are as fast as they should be, i would change the MTU in your router settings to 1478 and you will also need to do the same within windows with DRTCP
and ive also found after a lot of experimenting that the RWIN setting of 17256 to be best for my connection which is also 2 meg

The FTP tick box under applications and gaming is off by default but worth a check anyway

If you want to try FTP from within windows type ftp.plus.net into a windows explorer address bar and you will be prompted for your username and password then you can drag and drop files where you want them
If thats not for you i find that Filezilla is an excellent ftp program
N/A

I have managed to resolve this problem. It is not a problem with the router as I guessed. I managed to cure it by turning off passive setting for the FTP connection and everything is now working fine.

I managed to find the solution in this post: http://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=32485

The s/w that I am using is SmartFTP and like mentioned is working fine.