cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Linksys WRT54GS - Settings

N/A

Is anybody using this router/modem and if so any chance of going over the settings with me?

There is no PPPoA option so I have set it to PPPoE, but still can't get the router to connect to the net. Everytime I go into "status" through the browser (http://192.168.1.1) and try and connect I just get the same old message "Failed to get an IP address from PPPoE server"

Any help much appreciated,

Thanks,

Lempers
3 REPLIES
N/A

The wrt54gs is designed to be used with a adsl modem or cable modem. You can't connect this direct to a phone line. When you connect the wrt54gs to a adsl modem (adsl nation x modem m3 for eg that what i use) just set the wrt54gs connection type to automatic dhcp.
hillers
Grafter

yep what u have is just a router, if your after the wireless modem/router combi, then you need the Linksys WAG54GX2.
N/A

Thanks for the replies worked this out finally for myself on Saturday.

Went and changed router over for a WAG54GS installed it and everything was fine. Extremely easy to install as my old router was a WAG54G so everything very straight forward.

Came back to the house on Sunday after visiting friends to find no DSL connection on either the new or the old router. Tried and tried and not a dickey bird no connection at all and raised a call via the 0845 1400200 number after doing all they recommended IE plug in new micro filters, try another router, unplug Sky etc etc. and now have to wait somewhere in the region of 5 days to wait to get a response.

Had really poor service from Plus Net recently due to being LLU'ed and now this. As for a customer service where you have to leave a recorded message that speaks volumes in itself as you can't actually talk to sommeone!!

Thanks,

Lempers